Displaying avatars in Miranda

ShadyApple: it isn't so much clist_modern that can't load avatars as it is the AIM protocol. That is one of the things in the works for it (as well as file transfer). YIM, MSN, and some of the Jabber protocols will allow you to load the users avatar, just not AIM.

yeah, bits and pieces of AimOscar work for some builds and then not for others (I stay pretty much on the bleeding edge of development, I'm always trying alpha builds). I never know if file transfer works or not 'cause my firewall blocks all those anyway...

you can use regular scriver or the unicode, doesn't matter. If you added this plugin, just make sure it is checked in your plugin list, so that Miranda will use it to manage your chat windows. Then go to options -> customize -> smileys to add them.

smileyadd plugin, it is supposed to show up in your plugins in miranda options right? if not how do i apply smilies?

I have been having this problem since the dark ages, people have helped but the damn SmylieAdd doesn't want to show my smilies, neither in ASL format or MSL format :(

if it doesn't show in your list of plugins, I have no suggestion.

I have no problem whatsoever using scriver and smileyadd together, sorry but I can't really help more than that. I'd suggest reading through the threads on the Miranda forum for more help.