The Official Apple's 30th Birthday Thread!

85 members have voted

1. 1.

• New Video iPod with touchscreen
    • New iBook
    • New Intel PowerMac (whatever it'll be called)
    • New universal software updates for intel hardware; such as photoshop or office
    • Steve's April Fool's Jokes
    • Speed updates on already released intel hardware
    • New iPhone
    • Some unknown Surprise
    • Other...(please specify)

April fools jokes aside, In Australia it is April the 1st and its Apple's 30th anniversary today

(if you dont know this chances are you've been living in a cave)

So what can we expect? keeping it grounded to reality;

* A final completion of the phase to intel hardware/software;

* Intel iBook

* Intel power mac (whatever it'll be called) with 4x 3.6 Ghz processors (please Jobs!)

* A new range of new 'universal binary' or intel programmed applications such as photoshop and microsoft office

*Speed bump to iMac and MacBook Pro

* A couple of corny april fools jokes made by Jobs

rumoured;

* the real 'iPod video' with large touchscreen display

* The next version of OSX- Leopard

* iPhone? (oh please)

* Some other innovative 30th anniversary 'mac' or gizmo

what do you think?

Everything has been expected, rumoured, discussed to death.

Yes, at some time we will se those intel inside iBooks, iPods with more storage, bigger screen, Macs with more speed, etc.

If Apple wanted to make us go wow on its birthday, they could release an 8-core Mac Pro monster, or an iPod running full-featured OSX, maybe limited editions such as the 20th aniversary Mac.

Such products would be totally unaffordable, but they'd keep the everyone focused on what Apple did again.

If Apple wanted to make us go wow on its birthday, they could release an 8-core Mac Pro monster, or an iPod running full-featured OSX, maybe limited editions such as the 20th aniversary Mac.
All I want for Apple's 30th birthday, software SDK for iPods :( .

I figure I'll just make this official since you were first--but only because you live in Australia! It's still March 31 for me here!

By the way, I figure OS X 10.5 and an iPhone are pretty much impossible. I'm hoping for a new MacBook, but maybe there'll be something COMPLETELY out of the blue!

-NC

P.S: I believe this belongs in Apple Hardware ;). //Thread Moved and Stickied

All i want is to just OWN a actual iPod especially video :(, I'm so late

I'm with him. I could use an IPod...I've got a bunch of audiobooks checked out of the library I want to play without shuffling CDs, and a little jazz or classical music to play, too.

I think an apple tv would be really cool.

But, I doubt that there will be one soon...

TV on a Mac has been done! checkout the link!

http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/...0.8.25.7.11.1.3

I figure I'll just make this official since you were first--but only because you live in Australia! It's still March 31 for me here!

By the way, I figure OS X 10.5 and an iPhone are pretty much impossible. I'm hoping for a new MacBook, but maybe there'll be something COMPLETELY out of the blue!

-NC

P.S: I believe this belongs in Apple Hardware ;). //Thread Moved and Stickied

Well I believe releasing OSX 10.5 would be a fantastic business move; before vista, before christmas and on apple's 30th anniversary and on all new intel products... it'd really go off with a bang.

Wow thanx for the whole official thing... I wasn't sure about the whole time delay... darn, I was hoping I could check the website today and see apple's new products... I guess I'll have to wait for Australia's April the 2nd :D:P

As for the hardware move, I put it in general because it's also sorta about software, but wherever you want to put its cool.

I'd also like to see an upgrade to the macbook...mainly because i want to see a price drop in the ones already released... I really want one :)

If you ask me, I'd like a 20" (23"?) MacBook Pro with enough space to hold a cup of coffee and a whole meal by the trackpad.

*yes cupholders would be a nice addition (they build them in cars why not a laptop?), as well as a small area to put sandwhiches... it'd be like a built in stable table when you're doing work, or watching a dvd... because you can never have both stable table and latop on your lap the same time.

*this part is a joke

Yeah I guess thier party fizzled... They made some mention to thier Birthday in thier site in the news columns but other than that...

I think Steve went out with Bill Gates to a private private pub just to reminisque about the days when they used work together a little, chat about the stars and then at the end put thier evil glasses back on and give each other the evil stare before walking off.

I just assumed like so many others that Steve would mark the occasion with a special event... I guess we all over estimated the showmanship of Jobs.

But dont give up hope just yet, when Apple held thier 20th birthday they release the "twentieth anniversary mac" after April...was it March? ... anyhow we all know that Apple will be releasing intel versions of the iBook and Powermac before the end of the year and when he does he's sure to release some other goodies too.