Only 1 hour from having iTunes...no 2 hours, no 3 hours...I hate dialup

Most parts of the US do not have broadband access. Some places in the lower 48 are lucky to even get an analogue cell phone signal. And forget digital cell coverage in most states out in the Mountain West or Midwest unless you are near the interstates (and even then is no garuntee). The big telcos (Verizon, Sprint, Qwest, AT&T and others) will not spend the money put the infrastucture in place so towns have to bite the bullet and do it themselves. However that is a lot of money and in some states they have to contend with laws designed to protect the telcos. Not to mention the huge distances between many towns. Many towns in Canada are in the same boat too. Those of us in Europe, Korea or Japan have it lucky.

Yeah! Frutty Momma's freakin' bieeeg :) Stab her with MultiPlugin - will do her great deal of a diet :P

One up that and setup foobar.

I would serisousley consider investing in cable as you can get:

Extended basic + Cable Internet + Phone for ~ 100$ a month.

Its very much worth every penny i've saved.

I would serisousley consider investing in cable as you can get:

Extended basic + Cable Internet + Phone for ~ 100$ a month.

Its very much worth every penny i've saved.

That'd be great if I lived in a city with Roger's. I live in the arshold of Ontario. Cyg offers high speed at $40 same as Bell's $65.

Thx. Cell downloading now.

Most parts of the US do not have broadband access. Some places in the lower 48 are lucky to even get an analogue cell phone signal. And forget digital cell coverage in most states out in the Mountain West or Midwest unless you are near the interstates (and even then is no garuntee). The big telcos (Verizon, Sprint, Qwest, AT&T and others) will not spend the money put the infrastucture in place so towns have to bite the bullet and do it themselves. However that is a lot of money and in some states they have to contend with laws designed to protect the telcos. Not to mention the huge distances between many towns. Many towns in Canada are in the same boat too. Those of us in Europe, Korea or Japan have it lucky.

thanks for the info :P

dude, you have it lucky. when i had dialup with aol, the best downloading speed i could achieve was 3kb/s, but thank god thats all over now :D

i didnt even come close to 3.5kbs. also, how come the download starts at a much greater speed then the top downloading speed?

13.gif13.gif13.gif

Gosh, when I had AOL, I didn't even know iTunes, iPods or even this site exsited. But maybe none of these were created in 2003.......

I now have SBC Yahoo! DSL; iTunes actually downloads fast.

Hey, check this out. It's a link I got from another forum. It's an old iTunes page. It even has the old tabs. Click here to proceed. 71.gif

(I'm using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice Emoticons from here and here.)