Lucid Weather 1.0

Hp329

great weather thinggy :D

but when I change to the "Clear Background" and I restart the computer or something

its always the smoked bg, :(

Yeah, I probably should have added that in the bugs section of the README file, but I always use the smoked background so I didn't think of it. I don't know how to get around that unfortunately. I'm sorry, but I'm glad you like it otherwise.

Everytime i try to install this avedesk crashes, im pretty new to avedesk and i have searched and it says that i should put everything in the corosponding folder in the sysstats folder, should i extract all the contents of the folders and put them in the corosponding folders or just put the folders in the folders ?

Everytime i try to install this avedesk crashes, im pretty new to avedesk and i have searched and it says that i should put everything in the corosponding folder in the sysstats folder, should i extract all the contents of the folders and put them in the corosponding folders or just put the folders in the folders ?

The contents

I've got the same problem. It briefly appears, then crashes avedesk. I've tried reinstalling the latest version of sysstats and have copied over the files directly to the folder. nothing works.

Hmmm, you've done everything I would have suggested other than a restart of your computer. Sometimes AveDesk will randomly crash no matter what I'm running and a restart of my computer will take care of it.. As it says in the README.txt file, I'm not a developer so I don't really know what else to do here. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Does anyone else have any ideas?

great weather thinggy :D

but when I change to the "Clear Background" and I restart the computer or something

its always the smoked bg, :(

I just thought of something that may remedy your problem. If you want to try... configure the widget and make thepath of the "Background (smoked)" overlay point to the clear background PNG file and vice versa. That just might work. You can then rename the overlays to their new proper backgrounds if you're picky like me. :P

Looks good mate.. only problem i'm having is changing location, I have tried everything to make it change and no luck..

I'm in Melbourne Australia.. I've done Melbourne,Australia.. gone to configure and tried fiddling with the settings and it won't change :(

I've entered in the zip code weather.com gives melbourne also and the same thing happens :(

Any ideas HP329? Thanks

Looks good mate.. only problem i'm having is changing location, I have tried everything to make it change and no luck..

I'm in Melbourne Australia.. I've done Melbourne,Australia.. gone to configure and tried fiddling with the settings and it won't change :(

I've entered in the zip code weather.com gives melbourne also and the same thing happens :(

Any ideas HP329? Thanks

Have you tried typing just Melbourne? I tried it and it seemed to work just fine (unless there's a Melbourne in the US that I don't know about).

• 1 month later...
i am having a problem with my avedesk and SysStats2.5.11 and lucid weather , my avedesk just craches after awhile when using lucid , any solution for this?

Have you tried running AveDesk and SysStats without Lucid Weather? I have the latest SysStats as well and haven't had any problems with Lucid Weather. I also haven't heard of anyone else with this problem, so I'm wondering if there is a different factor involved on your end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice addon but I'm having a problem setting my city.

This is what I get from weather.com but what do I have to put as zip?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...temName=Belgium

Cheers

Try putting this in instead of a zip code:

Oostende Airport,Belgium

Copy and paste that exactly how it is (no space between the comma and Belgium, but a space between Oostende and Airport). That should work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Could I check if Lucid Weather works with ObjectDock with SysStat installed please? The reason for asking is that I have the above installation, and I could load the Lucid Weather ini file thru the SysStat "Load" command. I get an icon (I presume is the Lucid Weather one) which shows the weather condition in Columbus. When I click on it, nothing else happen or is displayed (like the screen shot). Any help please? Thanks a million!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
very nice :P

but how can i change the units to celcius degrees?

Change the following line in Weather from unit=s to unit =c. E.g for Auckland, NZ....

htttp://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/NZXX0003?cc=*&dayf=7&unit=s

to

htttp://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/NZXX0003?cc=*&dayf=7&unit=c