Lucid Weather 1.0

Hp329

This is my first attempt at creating a widget for SysStats. I made this widget a while ago and never thought of releasing it, but after receiving permission from a few people I finally decided to do it. Since this is my first attempt at a widget, feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Features Include:

- current conditions

- three-day forecast

- two changeable skins

Screenshot.png

Click here to download

Alternate download at DockEx.com

This is brilliant, excellent comfort in 'programming' it! Is there any way to change the city text? So that the meter gets the value from that one city, but displays another city on my desktop? Because my city isn't listed @ weather.com :/

This is brilliant, excellent comfort in 'programming' it! Is there any way to change the city text? So that the meter gets the value from that one city, but displays another city on my desktop? Because my city isn't listed @ weather.com :/

Thanks for the comment. I'm not quite sure I follow what you're asking though. Are you saying you want to change the name of the city displayed, but want the icons and temperatures for a different city to show up? What city are you trying to get that it is not listed on weather.com?

I suppose if you wanted to you could edit the text by right clicking the docklet, selecting configure, going to the overlays tab, and selecting city name, hitting the configure button, and then deleting %s under "format" and then typing in whatever you want in the text box. The temperature and icons would still be showing up for the last zip code or city you typed in the locator though.

Hp329, keep it up mate.. this is really lovely, and i'd like to see more from you :)

I'm glad you (and everyone else) like it and I appreciate the praise very much. I have actually already created version 2.0 (which has a few more features) and it is basically ready for release. I am going to wait a little while though, as I would like to fix a minor animation bug first and also give 1.0 its chance. ;)

TI suppose if you wanted to you could edit the text by right clicking the docklet, selecting configure, going to the overlays tab, and selecting city name, hitting the configure button, and then deleting %s under "format" and then typing in whatever you want in the text box. The temperature and icons would still be showing up for the last zip code or city you typed in the locator though.

Hey thanks for the tip, i was wonderin' how to change the city name too.

I'm glad you (and everyone else) like it and I appreciate the praise very much. I have actually already created version 2.0 (which has a few more features) and it is basically ready for release. I am going to wait a little while though, as I would like to fix a minor animation bug first and also give 1.0 its chance. ;)

Can't wait for that (=

Anyhow keep the good work man!

Hey thanks for the tip, i was wonderin' how to change the city name too.

Can't wait for that (=

Anyhow keep the good work man!

Keep in mind that this way the name of the city will change, but the conditions will remain the same as they were for Columbus (the default city). I assume that .Fliz was wanting to change the city name to perhaps a suburb of a major city?

Anyway... in order for EVERYTHING (weather icons, temperature, and conditions) to change you need to double click the name of the city displayed and then enter your zip code. Instructions are in the README.txt file.

Keep in mind that this way the name of the city will change, but the conditions will remain the same as they were for Columbus (the default city). I assume that .Fliz was wanting to change the city name to perhaps a suburb of a major city?

Anyway... in order for EVERYTHING (weather icons, temperature, and conditions) to change you need to double click the name of the city displayed and then enter your zip code. Instructions are in the README.txt file.

Yes you totally understand me, thanks for your answer!