Multi-Plugin 2.3 for iTunes 6

Here's a request, which might belong in its own, or some other, thread: Would it be possible for the next release of Multi-Plugin to have the picture window skinned (or skinnable) such that when you enlarge the album art or watch video on iTunes for instance, the glyphs on that window match the overall Itunes skin that has been applied? Thank you.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a request, which might belong in its own, or some other, thread: Would it be possible for the next release of Multi-Plugin to have the picture window skinned (or skinnable) such that when you enlarge the album art or watch video on iTunes for instance, the glyphs on that window match the overall Itunes skin that has been applied? Thank you.

I'm already planning to do it.

does anybody answer my question???

can i convert aac to mp3 with any program

Set iTunes to import music as mp3: Menu > Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Importing > Import using: MP3 Encoder

Then go to where the song is in iTunes Library, right-click on that song and choose Convert Selection to MP3.

Hi,

Great program that I have been using for ages. I finally decided to make a skin and it's coming along quite nicely (if I do say so myself). However I'm having problems with the equaliser and the left/right buttons. I'm thinking that there should be an Equaliser and a RightEqualiser folder to get the button layout/background appearing correctly as I can currently only get it looking right on one button alignment. Could you tell me if there is a way around this? Thanks

local I've got a little problem with the multimedia key funtionality. It works great with my "new" Dell multimedia keyboard but unfortunately it seems to freeze the normal keys when playing a game for example. This means that at times the computer keeps me moving right and the keyboard does not respond to any other commands for a few seconds.

Not sure what's happening but I've found it's down to the media keys functionality of multiplugin, diabling the checkbox fixes things. I've tried different modes and 2/4 work fine on the desktop but the same problem in CS:Source. Really annoying but the media key functionality is really a plus so was hoping there might be a solution?

If not does anyone has any other suggestions, perhaps another program that would let me map the multimedia keys?

Thanks for the help with the equalizer button alignment. One other question; is it possible to change the background for the bars that show the level or each frequency (lots of VU meters)? I can't remember what its called. When playing a song click the white arrow in the display (Image attatched). None of the skins that I have seen so far have changed it and I think it looks quite out of place

NeedsChanging.jpg

I love this plugin, & it works really well for me. I have 2 questions: -- Question 1:

---- If I've been using mini player for a while, & maximize it, I can't click to select anything in the main fields,(songs, & playlists)

-- It's still working, not "not responding" or anything. -- If I cylcle through minimize, & maximize again. It's back to normal, & works great. -- I've found if I click an empty space on mini-player, before I maximize it, then everything works normally.

--- It' like it goes to sleep. (I guess it loses "focus" ?) The min/max/close buttons are sort of greyed out, & don't change like they usually do when you mouse over them. But if you click these buttons they still work.(except you can't click in fields anymore..) Shouldn't just cliking the max button bring iTunes back in focus?----- I don't think it's having this problem if I select the default skin...------- Have I installed or set up something wrong? Anybody else get this behavior?

Thanks all for your excellent work, & help. :)

---- WinXP--- Pentium4, 2.4Ghz.--- iTunes 6.0.4.2--- m-Plugin 2.3.2--- Bister skin..

---(Question 2)

@fluke435: Try editing SkinData.ini in your skin folder:

Font006=0x666666

Font009=0x666666

Font014=0x666666

Font006 --> Search and Browse Text

Font009 --> Status Text

Font014 --> Source, Now Playing, Artist, Album, Song Name, etc. etc.

EDIT: Change 666666 to FFFFFF for pure white color..

Let me know if you still have problem and I'll hook you up with the .ini file ;)

-- Question 2: -- I had same question as fluke435,(hard to read status text etc.), which you have mostly answered.-- It's just I know absolutely nothing, so can you tell me exactly where to make that edit? & maybe sort of how?--Do you have to dump resources like you were going to create a skin? --Where would you change fonts & colors inside the main window? (songs, & playlists) -I hope it's not too dumb question.. Thanks Much.

Is skindata file supposed to already say .ini? or you only add this after you edit? (Or am I navigating to wrong file?)-(C:Program FilesiTunesSkinsSkinX6.0.x.xSkindata)..; Can you just edit with notepad, or have to use something special?

Also: Do you just edit the file to read: DeveloperMode=yes, to have it say what elements the font #s, etc. refer to? (I can't see that yet)

Very beginner I'm sure, any help much appreciated. :)

Thanks a lot localhost!

Everytime iTunes is updated and I find that you already have updated Multiplugin

I think how important is your work for us and for all the communities of

Windows-Users-Mac-Lovers in many languages around the world.

Thank you one more time for helping me to keep my computer interface almost 1:1 Mac.

I ju$t click the button!

MacDream :)

I came across another problem with the plugin. When you hold shift and click on advanced ->convert to aac itunes generally opened a window asking for the mp3's that you want to convert. But with the plugin installed it does on allow me to do that. I have to do it one by one after I have added those mp3's in itunes. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Sorry, *SkinName* is what I was trying to say by "SkinX". So: (C:Program FilesiTunesSkins*SkinName* 6.0.x.xSkindata)

-None of mine actually show the .ini extension, even if I name them that, it dissappears. If I edit the files I get changes, but not what I expected according to the post I quoted from deelo.

I still can't figure out how to turn on developer mode, so I don't know what expressions refer to which elements.. :confused:

Sorry, *SkinName* is what I was trying to say by "SkinX". So: (C:Program FilesiTunesSkins*SkinName* 6.0.x.xSkindata)

-None of mine actually show the .ini extension, even if I name them that, it dissappears. If I edit the files I get changes, but not what I expected according to the post I quoted from deelo.

I still can't figure out how to turn on developer mode, so I don't know what expressions refer to which elements.. :confused:

Not sure but try this: Go to "My Computer" on explorer bar click "Tools" -> "Folder Options"-> "View". Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is un-checked. You should be able to see file extensions after that.

Then go to your SkinData.ini file. Right click on it, choose "Open With" & open with NotePad. Look for this line = "DeveloperMode=No" change No to Yes. Then save file. Make sure after you change the SkinData.ini file that when you open itunes again (or if it's still open) you may have to switch to another skin then back to the one you want for the changes to take effect. To change "DeveloperMode" off open the SkinData.ini file again & change Yes to No.

so localhost, have you fixed those two problems i mentioned earlier?

1. prev and next buttons cant touch the play button

and

2. text can only be white in the left side navigational panel

thanks!

austin

Hello. I have feature request. Is it possible to redefine the mouse double click action from "play this song right now" to something else? For example if I am having a party and people are browsing the library they double click on a song. This obviously stops the currently playing song and begins the new one. I'd rather the double click add the song to the Party Shuffle list (for example), so the current song keeps playing uninterrupted.

Would this be possible to do?

Thanks for a good plug-in!

Arn.

Arnstar brings up a very good point. this would be pretty cool. maybe if you can turn it on or off. :)

cuz i do the same thing. i dj at parties and sometimes i cant keep people off my computer. when they double click a song it will stop playing the current song and start playing their song. so if it just adds the song to the party shuffle that would be great!

thanks!

austin

//Posts Merged. Please don't double post ;). -NC

Hey localhost!!

Your program is AWESOME!! However I do have a little problem with it. When trying to sync more than 400 files at once to the iPod, iTunes freezes and Windows terminates the program. It happens the same when trying to upload album images to the iPod (starts working, then freezes after son 5 minutes). Removing the Mutli-Plugin fixes this, but I don't want to loose it. Any ideas?

Using the Latest iTunes on Win XP SP2, DELL Inspiron 700m Intel Pentium M 2.0 GHz, 1Gb RAM, etc etc AND using FLYAKITEOSX 3.5

Thanks!