clear type in photoshop

Depending on which version of Photoshop you are using - you can specify the level of anti-aliasing on fonts in the Character palette. There is a drop down giving you options such as none, strong, smooth etc - play with this to get the effect you require.

Depending on which version of Photoshop you are using - you can specify the level of anti-aliasing on fonts in the Character palette. There is a drop down giving you options such as none, strong, smooth etc - play with this to get the effect you require.

i'm using photshop cs2 but there's nothing that looks like clear-type.. every ps character option has too much antialiasing and it doesnt look like when you have some text in mozilla or explorer. but thanks anyway

Yeah, I'm not sure of the answer myself, but Tricky, are you sure you're distinguishing between ClearType, which is a specific Microsoft thing, and normal anti-aliasing? ClearType involves a lot more than normal anti-aliasing, and I'd assume is fairly proprietary.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the answer myself, but Tricky, are you sure you're distinguishing between ClearType, which is a specific Microsoft thing, and normal anti-aliasing? ClearType involves a lot more than normal anti-aliasing, and I'd assume is fairly proprietary.

It was the only (simple) way I could think of to re-create the effect. You could always spend ages messing around with blur/contrast/saturation settings. Also this very much depends on what kind of monitor you are looking at - and to try and create such a specific effect will only look like junk on a TFT or CRT monitor.

i mean specificaly that microsoft thing that they have on windows. there you see not pixelated type but more smoother type but it's pretty different from the one that's in photoshop - that looks more like clear type or (whatever they call it) on Mac OS. i'm looking for the recreating of that micrsoft thing because as far as i know much more users are using windows now than any othr system :)

Edit: and i'm using LCD display on notebook but i don't think it matters that much

No I was meaning that what you are trying to create on a TFT screen will look rubish on a CRT and vice-versa.

The best solution is to type the text in Word in the size and font - print screen - then add a new layer - paste in the text and use the multiply layer effect to remove the background.