Winamp CD Case beta 12 preview

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7875/ss1df.png

The PNG fonts look cool, but it messes up with () and W. Maybe some other letters too, but I haven't paid much attention to them. It's very obvious with the parenthesis and the W. Also, there's no slash in the font, and that's why the "Track 8/11" isn't showing properly.

Oh, and I have the same problem as Katz, with the progressbar showing on the top left corner.

Latest WCC build, pinned to desktop. Using the Glow skin.

Hmm, I can't even get song/album/etc. info to show up....the CD cover downloads & displays beautifully, but no song info ever shows up... BTW, Beta 12 is the first time I've tried this app, and I did follow the instructions in the first post, i.e. first installe beta 10, etc...I also get that error dialog mentioning a missing .ico file, or something like that (typically when I try to change options)...

EDIT: O.K. I just uninstalled, then reinstalled, and now the notifier shows up. Before I replaced the .exe w/ the latest beta 12 version, I used beta 10 for a few minutes....In the "Notifier" "Options" for beta 12, there is no way to change the placement of the notifier (in the Notifier Options for beta 10, I could select placement of the notifier as wells as set the "pad" from the top)...no such option in Beta 12--the only notifier options available are for "Appearance" (setting how long the notifier should show)) & "mouse".... Ugh, now I just got a critical error as apparently Amazon couldn't supply a cover for one of my songs....weird

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fever5,

1. I've added the required "icon.ico" file: http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc12b135.zip

Just copy it into "...SkinsCase" folder.

2. There are lots of changes from beta 10 to beta 12. You can find more settings regarding the notifier in "Skin Manager>Notifier Lines".

3. Critical error: if possible post a screenshot of this error or the complete text (including dialog title). Thanks!

Have fun! :)

fever5,

1. I've added the required "icon.ico" file: http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc12b135.zip

Just copy it into "...SkinsCase" folder.

2. There are lots of changes from beta 10 to beta 12. You can find more settings regarding the notifier in "Skin Manager>Notifier Lines".

3. Critical error: if possible post a screenshot of this error or the complete text (including dialog title). Thanks!

Thanks...Just copied your new .exe. & .ico into the wcc folder, still got the same .ico error when wcc started.. Also, WCC crashed again for me...all I did was try to forward through songs to see if I could get cover art to display... On my earlier attempt at using WCC, I noticed that a "folder.jpg" file was placed into my music directory, and that image then showed all the time--no matter what artist/song I was playing... Anyway, right afetr forwarding through a couple songs, I got this error:

wcc1sterror8hq.jpg

after selecting close, I then get this dialog:

wcc2nderror5bb.jpg

Selecting "close" doesn't seem to do anything--WCC does not shut down; I allowed Winamp to continue playing songs, and the cover art does not change, and the notifier no longer appears, but the CD case w/ the most recent coverart is still on my desktop. In fact, I have to shut down WCC through Task Manager.

I hope I am making sense..... Should I just try again from scratch?--i.e., uninstall, install Beta 10, replace the .exe w/ your latest supplied above?

BTW: I am gonna try to re-produce the error so I can select the links to get more info. about the error...I just realized the shots I provided aren't providing any info. that could possibly help you....

fever5,

You have to copy "icon.ico" into "...SkinsCase" folder (the "..." is the folder where WCC is installed that is usually "C:Program FilesWinamp CD Case")

And "CD Case.exe" into main WCC folder.

By the way, the first link ("Click here") of the first screenshot is the most important.

Thanks!

fever5,

You have to copy "icon.ico" into "...SkinsCase" folder (the "..." is the folder where WCC is installed that is usually "C:Program FilesWinamp CD Case")

And "CD Case.exe" into main WCC folder.

By the way, the first link ("Click here") of the first screenshot is the most important.

Thanks!

Thanks...moving the .ico into the skinscase folder resolved the one error... Well, I ended up uninstalling & reinstalling again. After the last round of errors, WCC would never start again. This time, same scenario: I am happily playing some songs; cover art & notifier are working just fine; I get to a song for which amazon.com apparently cannot provide a CD cover (not that it's probably relevant, but this time the song was "D.O.A." by The Foofighters)... next I get to "boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day, and that's where the problem begins.

For whatever reason, an image file titled "folder.jpg" is created in my music file directory--the file each of the times when this error occurred was the same--the CD cover for Green Day, "American Idiot". Right before the error comes up, the Green Day CD cover is the only thing that will display...the "searching" message displays on WCC, but the Green Day cover always shows, no matter what artist I am playing.. I then forward to another song to see if WCC will search and find the correct CD cover...that's when the error pops up.

I have to shutdown WCC through task manager, and also have to shutdown Dr. Watson via Tasjk manager. If I restart Winamp, WCC will not start up (I've slected in Options to have WCC to start whenever Winamp is started)...

Here's what shows when I click the "more info" link in the 1st error box:

wcc1sterrordetail7wg.jpg

I did click on the link from this box as well, but the error log is pretty long, and it doesn't allow me to copy & paste..It would take multiple screenshots to display the entire error log (I'll do it if you think it will help you)......I'm hoping to figure this out b/c I am loving the concept you have going here..Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

I'll fix the error as soon as possible.

Please, uncheck "Show time" in "Skin manager>Notifier lines" and make a test. The results will help me a lot!

I'm not getting errors right now, but for whatever reason, after I re-booted, the notifier just won't show-up. Also, the CD cover stays the same no matter what song I'm playing. I've even tried right-clicking and searching for CD cover manually. It just flashes, and stays on the same CD cover. I think I'm going to uninstall & start from scratch. Not sure what it is about my computer that could be causing the problems.

I'm trying WCC on a notebook w/ the following specs:

1.6GHz Pentium M (Dothan); 2GB 533MHz RAM; ATI Radeon Mobility 128MB X300 video card

--Misc. software: Nod32 Anti-Virus; WindowBlinds

Can't think of anything else that might be relevant other than I have many "default" XP services disabled as well. Maybe I have a necessary service turned off.....

Anyway, I'll search around for earlier beta version sto see if any work w/out the hiccups for me. Thanks for supporting your product..

WCC beta 12 build 142 (20 Feb 2006)

- changed some procedures to avoid the gdiplus.dll error (*)

- if the notifier is set to be always visible, moving the case will move the text too

- small bugs fixed

(*) Go to "Options>Notifier" and uncheck "Show on mouse hover" since I didn't have time to review this feature yet.

Download: http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc12b142.zip

Thanks you all for your great feedback!

Just realised that the fonts need a "+" plus symbol...

======================================

With the latest build also some of the letters sometimes don't appear.

e.g Gorillaz will appear as Gor

with no ... To fix this i need to set the max number of letters to something different and it will work again.

I've used your first version, without the gradient.

I'm not sure what we can do regarding the end of the reflection.

I'll wait for your ideas!

In addition, you can download the WCC version with the reflection working (just for tests purposes since there's a lot of things to do to make it work properly):

http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc12reflex.zip

Note: don't move WCC; if you have any trouble just restart WCC.

::::Edited:

Zaft,

Maybe we should make something at the bottom of the reflection area to make it look batter, since I'm not able to properly fade the cover to the desktop. See what I did, maybe you can have an idea:

wccrfx2.jpg

...so lemme get this straight! In order to take advantage of all these new fun reflection skins and what not we have to be testing out the new beta version right...................damn!!!

natedogg,

The reflection effect I can make right now is from the screenshot above. It's not perfect because I can't make the reflection "fade out" (blend) on the desktop, like AveDesk effect shown by Zaft.

I'm not sure it's worth to add the feature as it is right now.

What do you think?

If it doesn't take too long to make an option for it maybe some people would like the option.

==================================================

Dear Carlos, Is it possible to change the progress bar images or have an option to skin it?

Here is a picture of something that would look nice. Then the button and lines could be skinned or change the colour of them. Keep the background clear so case skins can work with them. I am designing some new skins based on Avetunes and a new progress bar would really look amazing!

progress8ex.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Zaft

@Carlospr: I've been testing your latest build w/ very few issues. Thanks for releasing fixes. The only time WCC crashed on me was when I was trying to make it do so--I rapidly & repeatedly opened Options, made a change, hit "Apply" then closed, re-opened...after several times in succession, it finally crashed. Under "normal" use, that has not happened to me. Other than that (since I've turned off ability to show track time), no issues whatsoever so far.....

WCC Beta 12 Build 145 (21 Feb 2006)

- Balloon tip will not steal focus anymore

- WCC will read the height of the png font in order to better render it (not all font set has the same width and height)

- "Options" and "Skin Manager" will not generate the gdiplus.dll error (after Apply or OK pressed) if "Show time" is checked

http://www.closetosoftware.com/temp/wcc12b145.zip

The new build doesn't apply the fonts correctly any more, when i choose a different font it won't

apply it and the text disappears leaving just the Timer.

The fonts also look a lot bigger , was this the desired effect?

Hope the feedback helps .

Thanks for fixing it so quick! :)

I'm not sure I like the new way the fonts are rendered tho, some of them look too 'tall' and stretched and I changed it to a smaller size but i still like it the way it was before.

Please consider to change it back...?

I'll still use build 150 because its more stable..thanks.