[Release] miniMIZE 1.0.37

I have the pleasure of announcing that the build 1.0.37 of miniMIZE (3rd public beta) has just been released. The new features include:

• Ability to change start position of thumbnail placement
  • Ability to change direction of thumbnail placement
  • miniMIZE now cleans up after crashed applications
  • Changing the default window level no longer affects current thumbnails
  • Access to miniMIZE help from the context menu
  • Fixed window level from being lost on restore and re-minimize of a window
  • A number of fixes for strangeness that appeared when Explorer crashes

Also, I think I have fixed the bug that made miniMIZE not work for some people and where it stopped working after an indeterminate amount of time. I'm not 100% sure about this because none of my testers has had this problem, but I strongly believe that this is now fixed. If you have ever had problems starting miniMIZE, please try this release so I can confirm this fix.

For more information on miniMIZE go to the project page and you can download it from the miniMIZE download section.

Please post all comments and bug reports. Thanks.

Enjoy.

*edit: fixed the link to the download location

nice ! don't know if it's a feature, but when you use the Hide/Show thumbnails hotkey also re-maximized thumbs appear.

To reproduce:

1) set a hotkey for Hide/Show thumbnails

2) minimize a couple of windows

3) restore one of them

4) hide and show the thumbnails with the hotkey

now ALL thumbnails will be shown, including the restored window

Ahh.. cheers for sorting it out. Seems very smooth illumination. Seems to be coming on nicely. Just wondering why it doesn't minimize new windows in spaces left by previous closed windows. For example when filling downwards from left top corner it moves to the second column even when there are gaps in the first. Evetually it gets very messy unless you manually move each window after each minimize.

is there a way to change application icons (on minimize tumbnails) and also tell how big have to be displayed on it ?

really thanks for this app.

ps: little bug for who use styler toolbar that is displayed like a long dark block on minimized thumbnail.

zorda75, thanks for the comments. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the icons, or their size. I'll take a look and add it to the feature list as a possible feature.

As for the problem with styler toolbar, unfortunately, that seems to be a shortcoming with the method I'm using to get the screenshots. I don't think there is much I can do about that, but I will look into it.

zorda75, thanks for the comments. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the icons, or their size. I'll take a look and add it to the feature list as a possible feature.

As for the problem with styler toolbar, unfortunately, that seems to be a shortcoming with the method I'm using to get the screenshots. I don't think there is much I can do about that, but I will look into it.

in old "taskpicture" there was an added folder and .ini in wich to put icons and wrote what apps was using those (class namewindow name or something like that to write in ini) it was really usefull, i hope u add that option :), i also hope you fix that toolbar issue for who using styler;

at the end your app is really working good,no need to use addshadow to get shadows, so many many thanks for your hard work!!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...