[release] Digital Clock

RIMMER

Hello!

Today I release a new desklet - Digital Clock. It's a very simple yet customizable config, which displays a LED style clock right on your desktop (or ShowCase) without any backgrounds. The color of display (digits, colon, AM/PM and flip) can be picked on the backside, and the 12 hours display option is available there as well.

Hope this fulfills at least one of the expectations of our ardent member Recall.

dcbyrimmer.jpg

Download @ avedesk.philc.ca (~38 KB)

You are all entitled and encouraged to use, share, pass and alter this desklet for your own needs! Viva Software Libre! (Ubuntu Linux new user eustress :) A new sindrome :))

I'm using this right now. Thanks. BTW is there a way to add the day of the week?

Also, I think there is a problem with it showing 12 am when the 12 hours display mode is checked. Here's a picture of it.

Sorry, I'm russian and not very familiar with AM/PM system. Will fix it soon. Thank you.

And now there's a minor update - the date is showing in the label and the alpha value is saved especially (as the AveScripter currently doesn't respect the AveDesk desklet options rather then XML-designated ones).

time222222dc.jpg

Sorry, I'm russian and not very familiar with AM/PM system. Will fix it soon. Thank you.

And now there's a minor update - the date is showing in the label and the alpha value is saved especially (as the AveScripter currently doesn't respect the AveDesk desklet options rather then XML-designated ones).

Very nice, but there's a bug in the newest version:

If I tick the show date option, flip the desklet, and then tick the show date option again (so it is off), the date keeps on showing. Oh yes, and the date does not seem to be sensitive to colour changes...

Very nice, but there's a bug in the newest version:

If I tick the show date option, flip the desklet, and then tick the show date option again (so it is off), the date keeps on showing. Oh yes, and the date does not seem to be sensitive to colour changes...

This is not a bug. I only push the current date string into the desklet label. Everything else depends on AveDesk. The disabled date in the label won't update as your PC runs from one day to another. Next time you start AveDesk, the date disappears (the enabled one won't). Also the color changes do not affect the desklet label. Go to desklet preferences and customize it yourself. Sorry, but it is that simple. And I knew somebody will eventually tell, that I've got a bug there :).

EDIT: There's update with fix for AM/PM bug! Everything should be OK now. Go redownload the package!!! http://avedesk.philc.ca/modules/PDdownload...hp?cid=7&lid=58

P.S. Thanks to pcm for fixing the download details

This is not a bug. I only push the current date string into the desklet label. Everything else depends on AveDesk. The disabled date in the label won't update as your PC runs from one day to another. Next time you start AveDesk, the date disappears (the enabled one won't). Also the color changes do not affect the desklet label. Go to desklet preferences and customize it yourself. Sorry, but it is that simple. And I knew somebody will eventually tell, that I've got a bug there :).

EDIT: There's update with fix for AM/PM bug! Everything should be OK now. Go redownload the package!!! http://avedesk.philc.ca/modules/PDdownload...hp?cid=7&lid=58

P.S. Thanks to pcm for fixing the download details

Ah ok, now I see. I think we're becoming too spoiled with the flippy effect, I'm not used to actually having to configure my desklets ;)

• 2 months later...

Hey Rimmer. Very cool desklet. Like it's simplicity.

I still think there is a problem with the AM/PM label in the 12HR mode. You say in the download history that you updated it and indicated, "AM/PM display fixed (now displays 12:xx AM for time until 13:00)." That's not correct.

I'll compare 24HR with 12HR clock.

24HR = 24:00 or 0:00 - 11:59

12HR = 12:00am - 11:59am

24HR = 12:00 - 23:59

12HR = 12:00pm - 11:59pm

Make sense? So, at 12:00 (24HR clock) the display should read as 12:00pm (12HR clock). The PM label should remain for the next twelve hours, until at 24:00 (24HR clock), the label changes to 12:00am (12HR clock).

I hope I didn't make it too complicated. I just really like this desklet and want it to be accurate!

Spasibo!

• 7 months later...

As a rule I generally don't like bumping old threads but could someone please upload this files as I keeping getting the error "XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run." when I click on the links.

Cheers ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

"how do i change the color of the LED??? if i go to desklet properties the only tabs i get are [appearance | Label | Advanced | Ave Scripter] I've tried to search online for the answer but to no avail. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers"

EDIT: sorry, found it as soon as I posted. never saw the flip button show up until now.