[help] FLYakite3 bootscreen

vishesh_l

flyakite 3 is just awesome....but it has screwed up my boot screen royally....

i get the original(osx2) bootscreen....but below that i see "PROFESSIONAL" written with the progress bar below it....now if thats what he intended to do....its cool....but the professional also is like very very badly written....its got cracks in between....the pixels are all messed up....in short...it looks yuck !!

(im not complainin chris....not at all,.just lettin u know of this....BTW gr8 work dude...u rock)

any way to restore just the bootscreen form flyakite osx2 ??

is there a problem if i run osx2 installer (on top of 3)and install just the bootscreen??

just wanna ask here before doin it....might just mess up the system...lemmi know chris

flyakite 3 is just awesome....but it has screwed up my boot screen royally....

i get the original(osx2) bootscreen....but below that i see "PROFESSIONAL" written with the progress bar below it....now if thats what he intended to do....its cool....but the professional also is like very very badly written....its got cracks in between....the pixels are all messed up....in short...it looks yuck !!

(im not complainin chris....not at all,.just lettin u know of this....BTW gr8 work dude...u rock)

any way to restore just the bootscreen form flyakite osx2 ??

is there a problem if i run osx2 installer (on top of 3)and install just the bootscreen??

just wanna ask here before doin it....might just mess up the system...lemmi know chris

That is not what it meant to do, but it doesn't happen on all systems. In the soon to be released 3.1 update, it has been fixed.

Also, I don't consider that royally screwing up your boot screen. It just has the word professional on it, wooo.

Anyway, for now I would either just: A) Live with it or B) uninstall it and just wait for 3.1.

hi guys,

version 3 of flyakiteosx is very cool. i too have problem with the bootscreen.

i'm using windows server 2003 sp1.

to revert back to flyakite version 2's boot screen, i did this:

1. Be sure you have the file: boot.bmp inside your c:windows directory.

2. Edit your c:boot.ini file, it should look like this:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect /bootlogo /noguiboot /kernel=osxboot.exe

*the /bootlogo and /noguiboot are very important. /bootlogo switch looks for the c:windowsboot.bmp file and use it as your bootscreen.. while the /noguiboot prevents windows from using its builtin bootscreen.

Boot.zip