DX 3.1 in Vista 5270

RadioMike

Using the Compatibility Wizard, I am sucessfully running DX 3.1 widgets in Vista 5270. Desktop Builder will NOT run and errors out upon startup.

the DX 3.1 setup must be run with the Compatibility Wizard and then DesktopX itself must be run under the wizard.

Interestingly I moved from a laptop to a desktop and ran my (legal) copy of DX 3.1 on the DT setup. After doing the above I had to right-click the widget icon and set compatiblity there as well, something I didn't have to do on the laptop. The "Aero" and "Glass" widgets look fabulous.

I did try a straight install without compatibility - no luck, even settnig the widgets to compatibility mode. The Wizard includes needed .dll files, etc., to the best of my knowledge.

Enjoy.

Are you suggesting this wouldn't be infomative to folks running Vista 5270 who've had issues with DX 3.1? And yes, there is Vista interest within the Aqua-Soft community.

Typical of the tiresome responses you are and have been noted for. I'll send this on to the moderating team per a previous suggestion from Timan. I follow the rules about annoying posts - why as a moderator, don't you?

-----------------------

More specifically:

2.1.10. Be constructive. If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. Constructive criticism is welcome, derogatory comments are not.

And before you say it, I'm well aware that this is an aqua-centric board. I'm running Konfab and DX dashboard widgets in (or on) Vista as we speak and interest their creation is the reason I post here in the first place.

//Posts Merged. Please don't double post (as per the board rules you seem so fond of quoting ;)). Thanks! -NC

Wrong Forum??? Their is an Aero discussion....

:o unbe your slipping! :P

"Wrong Forum??? Their is an Aero discussion..."

Vista is not "Aero" specifically - it is an OS, same as XP. Nearly every thread here deals with DesktopX as related to desktop customization under XP since its not made for the Mac. I don't see any reason why discussing DX running under Vista should be any different.

The theme Vista uses is called Aero, which runs on Vista, Aero - Vista, you see where im going?

Same thing, Aero, vista, whatever you wanna call it, its the same'ol glass effect, which belongs --> Aero Discussion.

"Aero Discussion

Discuss aero-related topics."

The theme Vista uses is called Aero, which runs on Vista, Aero - Vista, you see where im going?

Same thing, Aero, vista, whatever you wanna call it, its the same'ol glass effect, which belongs --> Aero Discussion.

"Aero Discussion

Discuss aero-related topics."

Wrong -

"Vista" is a Windows OS like 2000 and XP. DesktopX runs in WINDOWS. If someone was having trouble getting DX to run in XP - THIS would be the forum. Vista does NOT equal "Aero". Vista=Windows. This entire site is dedicated to AQUA customizations using Skins, Themes, DX, Konfab, etc., in WINDOWS. Windows Vista is just another OS that can be customized with, in this thread as an example, DesktopX, to take advantage of available AQUA customizations.

Yes he is..... Wait, didnt you say this?

hmmmm

Your not talking about Aqua customization, sounds like "Aero" to me.

You're right on this one...and I should have mentioned that the available Dashboard widgets from the SophOS (from Sranshaft) look excellent too...the point being that DX, when installed as I noted, appears to run the available widgets properly without a bunch of weirdness. The Dashboard-esque iTunes remote from _martin_ also runs properly - but the weird scrolling issue is still there as in XP. Wish he had time to address and fix.

Another disclaimer: I'm not particularly an Aero glass fan and am so far unimpressed with the known "gadgets" - hopefully DX will be compliant with Vista code at some point as promised by Stardock, and will allow users better alternatives.