[Release] Replacment System Files

check out THIS thread over at AquaXP, i would write it up here but im lazy :P .

its a modded version of Iceman's system files (i think) that i have edited to be a litte more OSXish. the copy dialog is changed, the Run dialog is changed as is a heap of other resources.

check out the link for more details.

also, i havent asked Iceman for his permission to change and distribute his files, but as i havent yet got a host i will wait for his OK before you good people can DL my version.

-The Unknown

theunknown,

Man, I have been following that thread and did not see your contributions to it until I saw this post...

For any member who has not seen this man's work, look at the TaskMng mods, he does fine work...looking forward to seeing when Shak @AquaXP hosts it...sounds quite intriguing...

• 2 weeks later...

alright, ive finally uploaded the files. sry it took so long but ive been having heaps of problems lately, ive also put a few more things in that werent there originally.

change theme dialog and logoff dialog are fixed, and a few others that i cant remember.

Here u go ---> Files

i have plans of changing a heap more dialogs, but i dont think ill have time in the near future. nyone?

-The Unknown

I tried to edit my above post but was 'too late the hero'...Have extracted your mod system files (4918 kb) and found the following files:

1. Explorer.exe (Copy into C:\Windows\

2. Shell32.dll (Copy into C:\Windows\System32\

3. Change.exe ??

This file was not one that was included with Iceman's tweaked system files...Is this some sort of changer for the other two??

Thanks, and hope that all is well...

Originally posted by theunknown@Jun 28 2003, 03:53 AM

sry, all change.exe does is edit your registry so

"Printers and Faxes" = "Print Center"

"Search" = "Find..."

"Help and Support" = " Help Center"

"Run" = "Go To..."

u dont need to use it, but it just adds to the OSX authenticity.

-The Unknown

The Unknown,

ok...thanks man for the reply! I have replaced my Iceman's System Files with your:

1. Shell32.dll

2. Explorer.exe

The OS X dialogs look great on my WinXP SP1 system!

My only question is in regard to 'Change.exe'...I see @AquaXP, you have described it as a batch file, but how do I exexcute it...for I would definately like to use it?

:shy:

I have had my Shell32.dll & Explorer.exe switched, and the OS X Dialog changes are great, without any affect on performance or stability on my WinXP SP1 system...

As per the Unknown's instructions @AquaXP, to execute the Change.exe, "You just have to click on it, and it will make the changes to your registry" (This all works in the background with no command prompts...?)

Have tried this on several occasions, with no change to my Start Menu... The Unknown does great work, and I'll be looking forward to finally getting this issue rectified!

:rolleyes: (Y) :order:

OK have the Shell32.dll Non SP1 finished (I THINK)

I have no way of testing this as I don't have a winxp NonSp1 machine available but will e-mail it to anyone who would like to try along with complete instructions as how to fix any problems you may have on rebbot

Originally posted by Ahsh##z@Jun 29 2003, 05:05 PM

OK have the Shell32.dll Non SP1 finished (I THINK)

I have no way of testing this as I don't have a winxp NonSp1 machine available but will e-mail it to anyone who would like to try along with complete instructions as how to fix any problems you may have on rebbot

check pm