SearchSpy Spotlight clone.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, umm my problem is a bit unique. I had it working. I had tried it with and without GDSv2, and it worked. Now, since I reinstalled it(system restore issue), it has stopped working. any ideas why? GDSv2 is still installed. the only way in which it doesn't work is that when i click on it (its on the objectbar thing that looks like spotlight in the tiger theme) it shows up with the little search box, but whenever I type anything my PC freezes up. If i unload objectbar and use it via the system tray, it works, slowly. and before you suggest, I have already made sure that the -noicon parameter is in place

yeah, umm my problem is a bit unique. I had it working. I had tried it with and without GDSv2, and it worked. Now, since I reinstalled it(system restore issue), it has stopped working. any ideas why? GDSv2 is still installed. the only way in which it doesn't work is that when i click on it (its on the objectbar thing that looks like spotlight in the tiger theme) it shows up with the little search box, but whenever I type anything my PC freezes up. If i unload objectbar and use it via the system tray, it works, slowly. and before you suggest, I have already made sure that the -noicon parameter is in place

weird! Nobody had this problems. Could you pease search for something into Google Desktop, then add &format=xml to the end of the line? Tell me if you can do this.

-noicon will hide the tray icon to objectbar users.

Also, in the Options tab of the preferences window, changing the rightclick menu results from window to SearchSpy does not save when restarting the application and reverts back to "Windows" upon a restart.

Also, with SearchSpy's right click menu selected, rightclicking on returned results and choosing: "open folder" does not return the proper directory with the desired file but returns another folder containing one of the results in the list. (misaligned?)

Also, when you first click on the systray icon, the searchbar appears with the cursor blinking in the text field, this leads me to start typing a search immediately, but I discover that the text field does not have focus and I need to re-click back into the text field... Could this be fixed so that once the systray icon is clicked, the text field would be have focus to immediately start typing?

All those three issues seem to be fixed. The fix will be avaliable on nezt release ;)

//Posts Merged. Don't double post please ;). Thanks! -NC

Hi SpyGamer, how are you? I have a couple of questions/doubts/suggestions.

When I search and go to the SearchSpy window, there you can sort files by list and details. It is possible to make SearchSpy remember this preference? If not, the user is always forced to change the sort config everytime.

Another thing. Right in this same window, we can see the date and hour of the creation of the file we are looking for.

I think that it would be greater having there more other options to know about this files, like the file's size.

I know... we can see the entire properties pushing the " i " button, but... it would amazing just to change from 'date' to 'size' for example... (SearchSpy would be remembering this setting), and then we could search and find, and see all the information we want from any file without touching the keyboard! :D

I think that we are always most interested in the files size or the folder they're in, instead of the date and hour. Or maybe it's just me? :P

I think that this few details could make of SearchSpy the most complete tool for searching files and even navigating.

Congratulations for such amazing program, and thank you for improving it. ;)

I apologize if this has already been brought up. But I searched all 5 pages and have not found a definitive answer...

When my laptop goes into standby mode Im getting the multiple error screens as at least 4 or 5 other users on this thread have posted. It looks like this...

shot000012qb.th.jpg

shot000025xd.jpg

Im on a Fujitsu Lifebook P7010

Windows XP pro

Running Flyakite v0.3