[rel] Aero Weather for AveScripter

RavenMad

Hi everyone,

aero-weather.jpg

Download here: http://avedesk.philc.ca/modules/PDdownload...1c693fd1237a35f (2.4mb)

this is actually just a mod of the Weather desklet that is included with the fabulous AveScripter by PCM. All I've done is made a new skin (Aero) and included Weather icons from Stardock (originally taken from Judge's Aero Weather docklet for SysStats - permission included from Stardock).

Also, I'm currently looking at making the slide effect change so that you can locate the desklet on the right of your screen and have it slide out to the left - if anyone has a quick code snippet for this just shout out.

Thanks to Andreas for an excellent app and PCM for AveScripter (and thanks shmengie for upload instructions :) ).

Forgot to mention that it requires HandelGotDlig font - if you don't have it you can replace all instances of the font name in Weather.xml (use Notepad or EditPlus) with whichever font you prefer. San serif styles work best IMO.

I've also included the original Konfabulator icons for those who prefer them - just move the 'icons' and 'small' folders into the 'Stardock Icons' folder and move the ones in the 'Konfab Icons' folder into the main Aero Weather desklet folder. No need to rename anything - just reload the desklet and the other icons should show up.

To install: UnZip to your AveDesk/Desklets/AveScripter/ folder and then add new desklet via the AveDesk control panel.

Also, I'm currently looking at making the slide effect change so that you can locate the desklet on the right of your screen and have it slide out to the left - if anyone has a quick code snippet for this just shout out.

Not exactly what you are asking for, but you could leave the sliding code outside your desklet with a fully configurable slide effectlet (spam spam!) :P

Yahoo Widgets Engine.

I will never get used to this new cra*py name... :slant:

@dreadnaut: nah, what I'm talking about is the slide between mini & compact mode (ie: just showing the current temp sliding out to display the city name and hi/lo forecast). At the moment this only slides out to the right - I'm going to implement left slide also so that you can position the desklet at the right of your screen in mini mode and have it slide out to the left to expose the compact mode (which is also necessary for when you want to display the full mode - ie: week forecast temps)...

I think I have it sussed but just need to tweak the code. When I release it, I'll include two XML files - one to slide out left and one for right.

Hey everyone,

thanks for the positive feedback - I've uploaded it at my other site temporarily until it's hosted at the official AveDesk site - link is in the original post. NB: I have not yet incorporated left slide out from mini to compact mode... Coming soon... :)

@AquaOwl - I've included the original Konfab icons and instructions on how to switch between the two is also in the first post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...