Who here likes metal?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

metal = gooood :) Metallica, SOAD, Soil, Disturbed, a little Slipknow here and there... I would contest that people like Bullet for my Valentine aren't metal, but more EMO... not my kind of thing, but hey.

Oh, and how could i forget the best band around at the moment... American Headcharge! Going to see them on their UK tour with Soil next yr! Yay for me!

Manowar, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest (from 1987-2000, not the latest), Blind Guardian, Lacrimosa, Cradle Of Filth, Behemoth, Motorhead, Rhapsody, DevilDriver, ACDC, KISS (ahh, the classics), Helloween, Dan Swano, Lion's Share, Stratovarius, Rage, Dreams Of Sanity, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Lake Of Tears, Angra, Metallium, Beseech, Atvance, To Die For, Wintersun... It's only what I can find in my current playlist. A living metalhead I am!

Funny, but what most and first impressed me in Aqua style was "brushed" windows. This technique was the first I tried to repeat with graphic editor (not relying on textures).

So, I'm really a metal addicted one

My current idea of what to do with my PC is to make a Hi-Fi brushed metal faced box for it (instead of this sucking white plastics). I've got similar box of my amplifier right on my table.

Oh, BTW, most of my friends are really quite surprised with how do I not kill myself listening to such a loud music. I surprise them even more, when I say that the amp is not on its maximum now (I turn it to max at night when sitting in my earphones :)) And I'm not deaf (when a man speaks cellphone nearby, I can hear what his collocutor says), I just like it so loud and that's it. As Manowar said "Loud as it can be!"

• 3 weeks later...
This has got to be the most random thread ever.

I should start a thread titled "Who likes eggs" to top this one :S

wasn't there a thread about eggs already? you should search before you create a new thread. so you don't get unbe'd. LOL

back on topic...

i enjoy OLD metallica (every since the napster thing, i steal there music any chance i get. just to stick it to the man). megadeath, RATM, slipknot . thats all i can think of right now. except for my favorite band / musicain ever TOOL. I don't know if you would classify all there albums as Metal, but Opiate is def. Metal.

• 4 months later...

I must Say that Trivium (Best guitar players ever, and the lead singers japanese), Nightwish, System of a Down, and Drowning Pool(i think its metal?) are my fave Metal bands. While for the matierial metal, I do have a sword/dagger/spear/axe/anything pointy fetish. Just thought you all might like to know!!

oh, and i forgot to add Ramstein(once again, not sure if they are metal), and avenged sevenfold. And adding to matierials, Halbeards.

Hell, the only music I listen to is metal! Ohh booyyy, I've got a long list of stuff I listen to. Most of it compromise of Sonata Arctica (of which whos guitarists OWN Triviums), Dragonforce, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Cradle of Filth, Opeth, Slayer, Meshuggah (no, I didn't take Pe8ter's suggestion, I already knew them), Lamb of God, Kalmah (an amazing awesome band), In Flames, God Forbid, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Tranquility (REALLY GOOD BAND), Children of Bodom (recently saw them live, friggin amazing), Cannibal Corpse (good gore music :P ), Arch Enemy (just overall amazing as a group), Amon Amarth (VIKING METAL!!! m/), Dream Theater (just ****ing awesome musicians), Sabbath, Megadeth, older Metallica, Priest, and others.

If you like metal, check those all out RIGHT NOW.

i recently saw trivium in astoria with god forbid and blood simple.....it was f***ing awesome....they all sounded great....i also wanted to go download this year but i have exams on one of the days which is a pain....

oh yeh another group i like is dimmu borgir...ive got most of their albums now....theyre supposed to be awesome live, according to a friend of mine whose been to see them in concert some place

Ahh, zondajag, I also saw Dimmu Borgir live too. Damn, was that a show. I've seen God Forbid, Chimaira, Children of Bodom, ALMOST Cradle of Filth, Dark Tranquility, Opeth, Arch Enemy, and Mastodon live. All of them were awesome, minus the Cradle of Filth one (couldn't go, because of exams :( )

Hell, the only music I listen to is metal! Ohh booyyy, I've got a long list of stuff I listen to. Most of it compromise of Sonata Arctica (of which whos guitarists OWN Triviums), Dragonforce, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Cradle of Filth, Opeth, Slayer, Meshuggah (no, I didn't take Pe8ter's suggestion, I already knew them), Lamb of God, Kalmah (an amazing awesome band), In Flames, God Forbid, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Tranquility (REALLY GOOD BAND), Children of Bodom (recently saw them live, friggin amazing), Cannibal Corpse (good gore music :P ), Arch Enemy (just overall amazing as a group), Amon Amarth (VIKING METAL!!! m/), Dream Theater (just ****ing awesome musicians), Sabbath, Megadeth, older Metallica, Priest, and others.

If you like metal, check those all out RIGHT NOW.

Check out Thyrane, man. I have a thing for Chimaira but maybe thats because I designed there first album cover :P and you should have thrown KWD in your list somewhere for the comic relief.

• 2 months later...