[Release] MacSound v.1.0 by Landvermesser

>kann man macsound auch so konfigurieren, dass es wieder mit shortcuts funktioniert z.b. mit strg+up&down

-- patstome wondered in his/hers first post if MacSound works with hotkeys (ctrl+up&down).

> rechtsklick auf das symbol.

-- in the 2. post he or she figured it out: right klick on the icon.

i thing the posts were directy to landvermesser because he can read german :0)

I might be wrong, but there is already exactly the same app

3r-1c volume control

by {Matthew Malensek}

What is it?

3r1c is a volume notification/control tool that emulates the volume bezel of Mac OS X. When the volume changes, the bezel pops up with the current system volume level. The features:

* Supports skins

* Tray icon reflects volume level

* Configurable sounds

* Hotkeys

* Supports custom mixer

* Can be positioned anywhere on the screen

Hotkeys

Turning on the "Enable Hotkeys" item in the config app will make WIN+ and WIN- increase or decrease the volume. In version 1.0, the +/- keys on the main keyboard are supported, as well as the numpad.

Compatibility

3r1c uses layered window features only found in Windows 2k/XP.

Usage

* As stated above, WIN+ and WIN- raise and lower the volume.

* To open the control window, click the tray icon. To close the control, double click it.

* Use "/command" (without quotes) as the command-line parameter to only open the control dialog (good for OB themes).

* "+" and "-" can be used as command-line parameters to raise or lower the volume by one "piece"

* The "On/Off" menu item is for games. Some games will lose focus and minimize if 3r1c comes up.

Credits and Contact Info

Thanks a bunch to the following people, because they made this app possible:

* {imtoomuch} - testing, testing, testing.

* {duckie} - Creating the panther-style control dialog

* {vipe} - resources

* {juno} - +/- command line idea

If you'd like to get ahold of me, you can go {here}, or contact me via IM with:

* AIM: mech4nized

* MSN: [email protected]

* IRC: pogz on irc.deskmod.com

Now using 3r-1c volume control by Matthew Malensek. But his site is down and it seems there won't be any updates :(

As for your app - it would be fine if it could use skins for progress bar and .png images as background.

One more note - if application starts to fade out and I change volume - progress bar is changing, but the window keeps fading away.

Now using 3r-1c volume control by Matthew Malensek. But his site is down and it seems there won't be any updates

I have test 3r-1c, but I like not the indicators of sound and the falling out window with the regulator. Double click is required in order to close it. Therefore I wrote my own program. This is the part of the code of my project Finderbar.

As for your app - it would be fine if it could use skins for progress bar and .png images as background.

Note that the program unpacks some files after start. If you create your file background.gif in this folder, my program will use your file. Place attribute "readonly" at this file.

One more note - if application starts to fade out and I change volume - progress bar is changing, but the window keeps fading away.

Yes, but it is not the problem, or?

• 3 weeks later...

So... The version 1.1 is added. Now with the mouse wheel support and

this bug

Zitat von _cell

is fixed.

Download HERE.

Enjoy ;)

----

Added 11 December 2005: autosuspend by full screen games (no more conflict with "HalfLife" ). Please download again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Landvermesser,

you have written some really nice apps! I'm using MacSound 1.2 right now but I can't seem to get the slider to the top of the screen. I'm using Objectbar with a very small SysTray.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetz aus Herford near Bielefeld ;-)

Hi Landvermesser,

you have written some really nice apps! I'm using MacSound 1.2 right now but I can't seem to get the slider to the top of the screen. I'm using Objectbar with a very small SysTray.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetz aus Herford near Bielefeld ;-)

Same problem.

Got version 1.2

And there is a problem -- I'm using a media keyboard and when I try to pres a volume button in the config window it inserts Ctrl+Alt+B shortcut for volume up (Ctrl+Alt+C for volume down).

And after that when I press volume up or volume down -- it changes volume and system tray icon changes but there is no popup indicator...

And after that when I press volume up or volume down -- it changes volume and system tray icon changes but there is no popup indicator...

I have checked up on my computer - I receive an popup window with the indicator. Theoretically, there should not be a communication between a hot key and this window, should work at any combination. Thanks, I shall check up still.

I can't seem to get the slider to the top of the screen. I'm using Objectbar with a very small SysTray.

I did not know, that someone uses MacSound with ObjectBar. I shall add an opportunity of exact positioning in 1-2 days.