Aqua Emulation

Umm... You DEFINITLY aren't allowed to make two threads about the same site. Prepare for Unbeliever.

Old thread: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=28242

Well, technically speaking, I don't think it's fair to compare the two threads. In the initial thread the site was only in its conception.

@ Paintball24: I think it looks nice and clean. You might want to work a little bit on the main categories, maybe structure them a bit different, making it extra friendly for people who are not 100% into the whole Aqua-thing yet.

The download section is remarkably similar to OSX-E's... o_O

And also, did you use paint to make the top bar? Just that the text is not smoothed/is raster... :(

And also the forums are InvisionFree... not very professional.

The name Aqua-Emulation.... isn't very creative. Think of something else.

But you didn't use a .tk domain! Great job on that.

But all together I give this site 1.27468 out of 10. :slant: It needs a lot of work.

~Wuzzie

Well, technically speaking, I don't think it's fair to compare the two threads. In the initial thread the site was only in its conception.

Yes that is true.

The download section is remarkably similar to OSX-E's...

Yes, I know. Sorry about that. I do plan on changing that. But if you really look at OSX-e's it really ins't all that similar.

And also, did you use paint to make the top bar?

Yes. :P That is going to change soon also. I just needed something fast to put there.

And also the forums are InvisionFree... not very professional.

I know. I know. I didn't have the extra money then, so I started an InvisionFree forum, but we are making a decent amount of money throught the ads, so maybe we'll have enough to sustain a IPB.

The name Aqua-Emulation.... isn't very creative. Think of something else.

The name wasn't really supposed to be creative. It was supposed to tell you what the site is about.

But you didn't use a .tk domain! Great job on that.

Thanks. :P I hate people who do that.

But all together I give this site 1.27468 out of 10. It needs a lot of work.

Yes. Yes. Remember it only started 3 months ago and I do this between school and homework. (Only 10th grade)

a little more polishing is needed...first of all ...a blank white background without borders is a little scary

Yea, I'm trying to figure out what to do with that.

whats the go with the close/minimise/maximise/rollup buttons? will they become functional?

No, they weren't do to be functional, but that gives me a great idea...

develop the site a little more and dont worry about all these guys who think they are the gift from the apple gods... you'll quickly find that the ones who offer up rediculous criticisms are the ones who never develop anything on their own... they just love to see that someone reads their dumbfounded remarks which lack creativity and wit...

ill be glad to offer my opinions, but content is key to me

i think the reason why there is such harsh criticism is because paintball was claiming that this would be the end-all of all other aqua sites, ie aqua-soft and osx-e.. i doubt anyone has a problem with someone creating their own aqua related site, but when there are extraordinary and ****y claims made about the future site, theres no other way to respond.

i think the reason why there is such harsh criticism is because paintball was claiming that this would be the end-all of all other aqua sites, ie aqua-soft and osx-e.. i doubt anyone has a problem with someone creating their own aqua related site, but when there are extraordinary and ****y claims made about the future site, theres no other way to respond.

Yea, ugh....sorry about saying that.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is pasted from the thread Alang linked: " Apple gave me permission to take their image and tweak it."

I would LOVE to see the official letter or document from Apple that states that you can use their images on your site. I have never seen Apple allow such a thing. I have nothing against the site I just find it extremely hard to believe Apple would officially give permission to use the images.

Okay this is pasted from the thread Alang linked: " Apple gave me permission to take their image and tweak it."

I would LOVE to see the official letter or document from Apple that states that you can use their images on your site. I have never seen Apple allow such a thing. I have nothing against the site I just find it extremely hard to believe Apple would officially give permission to use the images.

I said it's bull**** the moment i saw it. There's no way in hell Apple gave him permission.

Yea, I don't know if I have email anymore, but I'll try to look.

Yes, I emailed them and asked if I could use the download button, yes, only the download button. The guy who responded to my email was my English teacher last year. (He works at Apple)

Honestly, I didn't think they would let me use the image, but I guess since it was my old English teacher maybe that's why.