RK Launcher v0.4 - BUG REPORTS

raduking

after minimising a window, I have to click repeatidly on the icon to make it maximise. Not a mouse problem since it works fine with objectdock etc. Ammount of clicks needed varies.

Windows XP SP2

AMD Athalon64 2ghz

ATI Raedon XPRESS 200

512MB ram

EDIT: i put the lock feature on and it solved the problem, i think your dragging thing is too sensitive :/

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will rewrite it :)

Thanks Radu, it's so great for someone to finally focus on a definitife dock clone.

But do you know of any way for rkdock to save changes to icons?

I.e. this:

1. Select "show new applications" from the behaviour menu.

2. Open msn messenger.

3. Change the ugly icon that appears on the "right" side of the dock into a nice aqua one.

4. Quit msn messenger and watch the icon go away.

5. Now relaunch it and say hello to the ugly icon.

Is there a workaround to help it save?

Thanks man.

When restoring maximized windows with the genie effect, they arent maximized...

Plus, when using 0px border visual styles, such as tiger IV it also leaves a 1px blank border for new windows... so either way i have to remaximimize the window again... (see included screenshot)

Oh yeah, another thing... sometimes the genie effect has a delay before minimizing... not that the animation isn't smooth, it just has a 1 sec delay... Windowfx effects work fine (no delay, but there is no window thumbnail when minimizing to dock)

Oh yeah... more info... I'm using the latest nightly build, and i'm using konfabulator aswell... no slowdown, just the 1-2 sec delay before actually minimising the window (fix plz^^)

For all those who are experiencing slowdowns, disable all AF, and AA dx filters... i did and works like a charm (max fps, with AA is about 4-5, hence the code is highly unoptimized)

My system specs:

XP SP2, R9800pro, Barton 2800+, 512 DDR400

Hope this post help you clear up some stuff ;)

[EDIT]

Sometimes the genie works fine... recently I've started having 5-10 sec delays before minimizing...

post-39256-1134857307_thumb.jpg

1) some programs dont show up with "show new applications" on the right side:

calculator

explorer

notepad

--edit these are all 64bit applications, i dont think RK launcher can handle them

2) double clicking the gmail notifier icon (that normally sits in the system

tray) doesn't bring up the gmail inbox in the web-browser like it should

--edit i fixed this by enabling "same instance" in dock item properties

3) Word 2000 when closed leaves an icon on the right side called "document1".

clicking on it will make it go away, but it doesnt go away on its own when

the program is closed. (MDI issues??)

4) pressing "WindowsKey + D" for showing desktop puts firefox in the RKtray,

but you are then unable to restore it again. it stays invisislbe in the

upper left corner of the screen and you can't get to it again.

Ok... i fooled around with windowFX... now EVERYTHING is sluggish... even after uninstalling WFX... i tried disabling its option to accelerate the alpha blending, things only got worse, and the option is gone even after reinstalling WFX...

System restore also didnt help... my point:

stay the hell away from WFX!!!

5) twice now RKlauncher has crashed on me when i've left it running overnight. some unhandled exception. running windows xp 64-bit. debugging in vs2005 gives "access violation reading location 0x201d3004." i had to hard-reboot the system one time even.

6) when adding a yz docklet, they dont show up in the available list at first, you have to manually refresh the list by selecting objectdock in the drop down list, then go back to yz docklets and they will show up

Alright, here is a strange one.

I had RK Launcher running fine for me for since I can remember.

I recently ran into a weird issue concerning WindowBlinds that I resolved, and now no matter what I do, RK Launcher simply will not resize the dock, no matter what I do. I cannot stand the default size, as I have so many apps in the dock, so small size matters. I drag the size adjustment arrow to make the dock smaller, but there is no response visually from the dock indicating it is getting smaller.

I tried redownloading RK Launcher from the website, and it will not resize.

Any ideas?

I also have a problem with ZoneAlarm Pro (mentioned in a separate thread, but now I'm adding it to this one instead).

While RKL is active, ZoneAlarm's vsmon.exe process runs at a constant 10% CPU. If I stop RKL, vsmon drops down to 0%, and up again to 10% when I restart RKL.

I also noticed that I was getting bad CPU spikes while playing games like Darwinia, Quake 4 and Half Life, making the games unplayable. After a bit of experimenting I found that this was also caused by vsmon.exe. This means that if I wish to play any games, I have to switch off either RKL or ZoneAlarm (and I'm not keen on playing on the internet without a firewall).

Of course, this may well turn out to a problem on the part of Zonelabs, as their forums indicate that vsmon.exe has caused other people grief as well, but it could be that RKL does something which makes firewall software regard it as a problem.

I am having trouble playing dvd's with rklauncher loaded. I have tried numerous different players, and when I start the dvd there is no picture, it will show up over my svideo but not on my monitor, but when I unload rklauncher the and restart the video player the video shows up on my monitor and the tv. I have had this problem in the past with other programs using transparencies. With those other apps there is an option to turn off the transparency. I turn off the transparency and then it works. So I was wandering If you could add a way to completely turn off transparency. I have had this problem with powerdvd and vlc media player.

version .4

System Pecs

Windows xp

asus a8v deluxe mb

amd 3000+ x64

1 gig of ram

msi agp nvidia 6600 video card

nvidia drivers 81.87

any help would be greatly appreciated

edited:

I just installed the newest nightlie 4.1 build 111 and it seems to work with the transparency setting turned on, but can you try and test it out and see if you can make it so this doesnt happen anymore. I dont know why transparency shoudl affect it like that

oh well

thanks for such a great app

thanks

Ok... i fooled around with windowFX... now EVERYTHING is sluggish... even after uninstalling WFX... i tried disabling its option to accelerate the alpha blending, things only got worse, and the option is gone even after reinstalling WFX...

System restore also didnt help... my point:

stay the hell away from WFX!!!

Dude I can't do without WinFX, how else do you get shadows on Itunes?

Winfx is awesome, maybe it's your video card?

EDIT: I know WinFX enabled hardware acceleration on alpha blending in your display drivers. Just do a driverclean uninstall on your display drivers, after that reinstall your display drivers (omega's are best) and try winfx again.

Slight issue with the nightly build (0.41 build 111):

System Specs

1.80 GHz Centrino

1440x900 (17" widescreen)

128MB nVidia GeForce Go 5700

512MB PC2700 DDR-RAM

Great Things:

Firefox 1.5 / Thunderbird minimize to dock

Dramatically improved minimize with Aladdin's Lamp plugin on nVidia Cards.

Issues:

IE will minize to dock, but reappear in the Taskbar. If one clicks on it, unlike in (0.4) (on the taskbar) the window will promptly restore from the taskbar (and dissapear from the dock) as though clicked on in the dock.

It's a minor issue, that is greatly outweighed by the speed improvements and stability.

I am using the nightly build 0.41 and it seems that if I start the bar not when windows boots up but later, if I already have minimized programs in the windows taskbar these will not show minimized in the rklauncher when I lunch it.

In other words, only programs that I start from rklauncher appear in it when minimized.

ajpug

i get this problem too.

I am using the nightly build 0.41 and it seems that if I start the bar not when windows boots up but later, if I already have minimized programs in the windows taskbar these will not show minimized in the rklauncher when I lunch it.

In other words, only programs that I start from rklauncher appear in it when minimized.

ajpug