RK Launcher 0.4 - FEATURE REQUESTS

raduking

How about an option to save differnet instances of the dock

Example - One instance of emulation and trying to replicate leopard with icons

Another instance of your own personal touch with unique icons but allows you to choose which one to open instead of having to remove icons from the dock?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I havent seen this yet, but I have been looking everywhere for something like this:

There is an option where the Dock is always on top, but what about an option similar to the windows start bar, where no windows can go near the dock, kind of like on a mac. I would really appreciate this. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok I need help. I love the interface of RK Launcher, but it seems to be missing a few things.

Is there a way that when you have another application window maximized, you can just place your mouse at the top of the screen (if rklauncher is docked to the top) and have the dock rollout? The only way I've seen is if you set the dock to automatically hide, but then you can't see it when your on the desktop.

Also, is there a way you can dock it to the bottom of the screen, and increase the margins so it doesn't sit right behind my start menu?

Thankes everyone!

-tktk

• 3 weeks later...
Someone here know how to speed up Aladdin's Lamp Effects?

Can we set speed for Aladdin's Lamp Effects?

My Specs

Intel C2D 2.80ghz

DDR2 2.0GB

ATI Redeon HD 2400 - 256MB

Not really a feature request, but if you search around the forum there are plenty tips to speed up the Aladdin Effect.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed RK Launcher. Here are some comments:

If I disable Windows Task Bar, I lose a lot of things I need:

Start Button: I cannot put all of my applications RK Launcher. Too many. So, I need a start menu button someshere.

Systems Tray Icons: These status icons need to be visible. I need them to eject material, check the status of Norton Ghost and Norton Internet security, plus Windows messages...

Is there a way to disable regular task bar and keep those necessary things?

• 2 months later...

This is the best dock I've used. What I would really like is a way to replace my Windows taskbar completely with RK Launcher. Is it possible to show all running applications (not just apps I minimize) in the RK Launcher window so I can use it as a task bar replacement?

• 3 weeks later...

Could you make it animate maximising windows? I use the genie/aladin's lamp effect and it run fine minimising so i would love to see the maximise feature as well...

Hi, I havent seen this yet, but I have been looking everywhere for something like this:

There is an option where the Dock is always on top, but what about an option similar to the windows start bar, where no windows can go near the dock, kind of like on a mac. I would really appreciate this. Thanks

I use a program called transbar so the taskbar is transparent but its still there so windows wont go near it. Haha im replying a year after u posted this

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I BEG YOU:

'Pin to desktop' option, so RK Launcher doesn't get minimized when pressing the Show desktop button. I mean, the show desktop in Windows kind of call a "fake" desktop, and does not just minimize all Windows. Many of us use win+d.exe or RKShowDesktop, but it's not the same. Miranda IM has a pin to desktop option, for example, and no dock has it or anything like that.

Could you try to implement it?

Please, answer this, I'll suscribe to this thread.

Edited by robel1985

I really appreciate this application. I hope you do start to continue work on it again.

I have a few suggestions which may make this application more outstanding than it is. I really don't use it as my Taskbar. But I use multiples of this app as my shortcuts/Quick-Launching on my desktop.

Gives me a lot more room to use my desktop as a Working Directory so to speak.

--A feature to add a short-cut key to be held to trigger the margin hotspot. For Example, I hold ctrl and move my mouse over the margin hotspot, it should bring the dock bar into focus if auto-hiding; But won't trigger otherwise. Why this would be a good feature is that you can have multiple docks in the same position on the screen. It will allow for more organization.

--Adding in the Right-Click menu of this dock tool to reload it completely. Sometimes it gets stuck and does not animate or auto-hide. I have to exit the application and then go digging around to restart it.

• 4 months later...

I hope these will be added :D

1. Can u add something looks like task docklet but it show any apps in system tray (Taskbar of Windows) and it can right mouse just like system tray :D.

2. Can u add space between maximized window with the dock.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to see "Reserve space for Dock" option

Oh and is it possible to make Genie Effect for OpenGl?

Because every time i try to use Genie Effect for DirectX i get some error message

Message says:

Error Creating Direct3D Device

Dock doesn't crash,it minimizes normally(without effect)

Edited by tHeSAkA24