Official Y'z Docklets Thread

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tupac, I just have one question, was it Biggie?

Looks like we have our own Elvis of these boards.

To add a dock to your Y'z Dock,first extract into the docklet folder (usually C:\Program Files\Y'z Dock\docklets ). The on the dock, right click on a blank space, best on a seperator and click Add Docklet. Just double click the docklet that you want, click OK and click and drag to your desired position.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just fired up Yzdock for the first time in a while...I noticed the old v0.42 weather docklet has the correct temperature and conditions in text, but the icon is showing thunder instead of light snow. I tried renaming the two icons but it didn't seem to have any effect. Any plans on making an XML weather docklet? or a solution to getting this old one working again? anyone?

Originally posted by hallf@Dec 18 2003, 09:04 PM

Just fired up Yzdock for the first time in a while...I noticed the old v0.42 weather docklet has the correct temperature and conditions in text, but the icon is showing thunder instead of light snow.  I tried renaming the two icons but it didn't seem to have any effect.  Any plans on making an XML weather docklet? or a solution to getting this old one working again?  anyone?

albeik was going to be working on an XML weather docklet, IIRC.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much. Installed and working well.

I take that back it is not working well part...IT DOESNT UPDATE. What good is this if it doesnt display any new information? Can someone shed some light on that for me. I would appreciate it much.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by azerch@Jan 6 2004, 04:10 AM

Thank you very much.  Installed and working well.

I take that back it is not working well part...IT DOESNT UPDATE.  What good is this if it doesnt display any new information?  Can someone shed some light on that for me.  I would appreciate it much.

You can set the updating time at the weather.ini the "POLLING_PERIOD_MINUTES=", put a smaller value...

I have another problem, the docklet does update the temperature but displays the wrong weather icons! Can anyone please help, thx in advance!

Azerch- that is the behaviour we are all seeing. Be patient, Albeik is working on the new version. If weather.com changes their information, it screws up our docklets. Albeik's new XML version will take care of that. Albeik is working hard on the docklet. He just got his new website up, and he is doing an excellent job. Keep in mind, Albeik doesn't get paid for this, he has a life, and PLUS- he goes to school.

Keep up the excellent work Albeik and most important: THANK YOU!