Official Y'z Docklets Thread

Here it is, by popular demand, the Official Yz Docklet thread!

Developers, post your Yz Docklets in this thread please (yes, you may have individual threads for Docklets, it's just nice to also have them available here), and members, ask your polite questions here!

Remember, this thread was started by me, so no rudeness or you get an undead beatdown!

(Y)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone do me a favour, my winace and winrar are both f**ked up and i can't get anything but txt files from the ical docklets :angry:

can someone send me the dll? i only need the one little file. mjaff010 AT uottawa.ca

Thanks,

Miqx

Originally posted by Miqx@May 31 2003, 04:00 PM

can someone do me a favour, my winace and winrar are both f**ked up and i can't get anything but txt files from the ical docklets :angry:

can someone send me the dll? i only need the one little file. mjaff010 AT uottawa.ca

Thanks,

Miqx

Sent...

EDIT: I tried to send it twice (sencond time I tried renaming the .DLL extension) and both times your email virus filter rejected it. Not sure how to get it to you.

Originally posted by Miqx@May 31 2003, 08:00 AM

Thanks,

Miqx

use winzip buddy. (Y)

best due to far more usage among people on everything else.

Its also zipped in winzip. maybe that is also causing troubles as well.

By the way if you guys can minimize the posts to minimum so we can have a real efficiant topic with docklets in most posts rather than browsing in many pages of thanks and how to. I believe a PM to someone/developer for anyting can be as helpful as if its posted here, only in this very topic we'd rather have he place nice and 'dockleted' ;)

so my post and previous ones will be removed sometime later until things are solved out.

:righton: :order:

hey albeik great job with the ical docklet and i hear u are developing a weather docklet and i was just wondering if it was similar to the samurize scripts in any way, for example would we need to edit any of .vbs scripts or anything like that.

thanks

keep up the good work

idicula

8 ball -by siwu.

8Ball.zip (25 ko)

and the sources:

it's a full Visual C++ 6 Workspace which includes the Debug Build of the dll :)

8Ball_src.rar (1.23 mb)

thank you siwu.

to all, ill remove your docklet requests from here so you can repost them in the request thread in this very forum, since Deadzombie started this topic in order to collect all docklets in one place so that people can browse through all of them easily.

Any developer that comes up with a new docklet, please LINK IT from here, to ease the search and amount of threads out there.

THANK YOU :bow:

Originally posted by idicula@Jun 1 2003, 07:45 PM

hey albeik great job with the ical docklet and i hear u are developing a weather docklet and i was just wondering if it was similar to the samurize scripts in any way, for example would we need to edit any of .vbs scripts or anything like that.

thanks

keep up the good work

idicula

Thanks idicula for your comment about iCal. Regarding the Weather Docklet i finished all the "important" stuff! However, and that goes to everybody, can anyone provide/find PNGs (128x128) for different types of weather to test my docklet with?

I did some searching but at noavail.

I have never used samurize so I am not sure what the interface looks like. I'll give that a shot.

The docklets will probably be different than than weather-samuize interface as it doesn't float around the desktop without limiting itself with its dimensions. The Y'z docklet will be limited by the 128x128 size.

Currently, changing Args1 (from the docklet's propery) with a zip code or city, state or any place in the world, will update the weather docklet accordingly in REAL-TIME (on the next refresh, of course)!

I still have to do some work on error checking/handling to avoid crashes and such...

That's as much as I can say for now! :P

But I don't think i'll be able to release the beta without having some sort of proper PNGs to test it with. I'll try making some myself, but not sure yet, i'll keep searching.

Thanks all. ;)

Hi all guys

i've one question to ask about docklet. what should i do to make docklet show the japanese text label. when i create japanese text on docklet it'll show "?????????????" ...thanks again :canadian: :D

first of all albeik docklets are simply great!

1 question for weather:

how can i make temperature showing in Celsius?

2 question for weather:

are u using weather.com cities?

thanks again for yr developments that r making y'z dock no.1

ciao