Day - 13 before first release of podXP ...

Hi,

Some news about podXP :

*** podXP include new features like :

- skinable TaskBar with windows preview (like Vista or always visible like @zDesk or @zPod).

- The TaskBar include AltTab function to switch over the different windows.

- All pods can be tabed in the screen.

- All pods can activate an Alarm (good for WindowMediaPlayer to WakeUp).

- All pods can be TopMost or docked to the Desktop.

- All pods are external dll. So you can activate only necessary pods and keep good memory usage.

*** Some new screenies :

A skinable StartMenu :

startmenu.jpg

A skinable SysTray :

tray.jpg

A Skinable ObjectBox to receive all weblink, files, folders or event windows objects like "Execute", "Help" ...

objectbox.jpg

A tabed pod :

verticaltab.jpg

leFOOL ...

Hi,

I like the look of the Start Menu--does it "get" the Windows Start Menu, or do you have to add items manually?

-NC

=> it "Get" all the content of existing "Programs" folder in startmenu

Thanks for all your comments ... They help me to finsh it quickly.

leFOOL ...

Nice to see an app which addresses some areas not already covered by others. I wish I was so talented, and really looking forwards to seeing this.

I think the way you were targeted on the vista media player was very unfair, especially as everyone is ripping nearly every element of vista.

Good luck with the app, and I wish you every success with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi~~

I've downloaded your podxp and tested it. It is fantastic! But...

I find it kind of unstable...

When the first time I added a pod, it showed an error and exited...

I find I have to mod the podxp.ini and replace all "=1" with "=0" to solve this problem. Then I must activate pods manually...

Have you guys ever met this?

Hello,

First, thanks for your comments and for podXP support...

Hi~~

I've downloaded your podxp and tested it. It is fantastic! But...

I find it kind of unstable...

When the first time I added a pod, it showed an error and exited...

I find I have to mod the podxp.ini and replace all "=1" with "=0" to solve this problem. Then I must activate pods manually...

Have you guys ever met this?

This is strange ... If you exit and run podXP, have you the same error ?

leFOOL ...

Wow this is very impressive work lefool. Finally we might be able to rid ourself of the taskbar!.

One thing that's holding me back is the start menu. Is there any way to simply have it that once you click on "start" in the podxp start menu thing you are presented with the standard start menu from windows instead of the program. for example you would be shown the XP style menu with control panel button etc. It's a simple shortcut so I don't think it owuld be a problem.

Otherwise I have to say mem usage seems very good and performance is top notch!

Wow this is very impressive work lefool. Finally we might be able to rid ourself of the taskbar!.

One thing that's holding me back is the start menu. Is there any way to simply have it that once you click on "start" in the podxp start menu thing you are presented with the standard start menu from windows instead of the program. for example you would be shown the XP style menu with control panel button etc. It's a simple shortcut so I don't think it owuld be a problem.

Otherwise I have to say mem usage seems very good and performance is top notch!

Thanks for your comment.

MiniStart pod is like MiniBox pod with a "Start" Button in First position. Under it, you have the Desktop, the Control Panel the Trash ...

So to access to the control panel, clic on the pod to activate it and use the mouse wheel to show the control panel button ... That's All.

And, if you want, you can personalize the MiniStart pod by adding some windows elements like "Search" or "Execute" by Drag and Droping the RealStartMenu Element into the MiniStart pod ...

I don't know if i am very clear (my English is like my Shoes ... Very Dirty !!!).

I hope i answer to your question.

leFOOL ...

I really love the SysTray replacent.

Just one question is there a way to show only icons in the MiniTask pod?

PS. Shell Extension City asked me to write a description for them so, look for your program to be featured there shortly.

Thanks for asking about podXP.

Yes, it is possible to show only the icons in the MiniTask Pod by create a new skin (or editing an existing one). If you have a little time, i'm working on new skins for all the pods and on new pods like Mail Checker, Calendar and RSS Reader.

leFOOL...