New Ipod,iTunes 6 & More

Guest Fnj560

its only a matter of time before the nano has the space of a normal ipod, and everyone will want one of them, thats technology for you, and apple want to be a one step ahead, at least they update, UNLIKE MS, who are waiting to late 2006 for Vista! by that time, it will be old stale tech and nothing compared to the latest version of Tiger or possibly Leopard.

its only a matter of time before the nano has the space of a normal ipod, and everyone will want one of them, thats technology for you, and apple want to be a one step ahead, at least they update, UNLIKE MS, who are waiting to late 2006 for Vista! by that time, it will be old stale tech and nothing compared to the latest version of Tiger or possibly Leopard.

Go away. Stop typing and just go away. Take the fan boy banter with you please.

This has nothing to do with M$. This is about Apple hardware and it's supporting software.

Let's try and keep this thread on topic for once.

[email protected] N3wb1es

jack, the mini has been gone for like over 2 weeks already, ;)

@timan - that Front Row, or w/e its called, beats all the Windows Media Center stuff into the ground :D

@ everyone else - yay, i'm partially back

front row does look amazing what makes it stand out is the effects and the whole interface

but i own a media center i cannot bash it-i love media center for everything it does

i just turn on the computer grab the remote and sit down i have access to everything without getting up from

my sofa-tv,pictures,music,movies,internet with one remote access cant beat that.

i hope apple comes out with a front row edition with tv that will rule media center being that apple have a unique,clean and beatiful gui and everything they do matches it.

Yep,

I have MCE on my mom's laptop, the media center program microsoft made is just wonderful, perfect for pc or tv. You really can't get better.

Now apples new frontrow thing looks nice, but all it is, is a large iPod ui, which is nice, and all, but the app like every other apple application is so damn limited, it looks like you can only do the 4 things its made for.

Go away. Stop typing and just go away. Take the fan boy banter with you please.

This has nothing to do with M$. This is about Apple hardware and it's supporting software.

Let's try and keep this thread on topic for once.

[email protected] N3wb1es

ohhh ohhh he was a bit off topic, should we cut his fingers one by one or all of them at the same time? (get over it)

the new imac looks neeeat, the slide in the conference where they show the difference between hp's and ms's remotes from apple's is hilarious. they do need to be a little more inventive though, or you'll end up trying to control your imac with your ipod shuffle.

can't people just release hacks for older ipods so that we can have the new functions without having to play the capitalistic-***** and buying a new one every month? i mean, it's nice they create new things but i don't really like paying for them every month.

it's funny how they do market well. they didn't release a ipod video this time, cause everybody would already presume that one month later the video future would be inclueded in all ipods for a smaller price and with a thinner arctecture and longer battery life. it's like marketing darwinism, they know we get immunized to certain kinds of marketing strategies so they change... and they don't really have to do much.

i'll be waiting for the 100gb ipod, that's when i'm switching. why the hell would i want to watch those desperate women or mistery on the island anyway? heeeey, maybe i'd love "that's so raven".

oh, and ps: i hate U2 with all my forces.

watch the conference at apple.com, they present the news as a shakeaspere play. itunes 6 apart from the video thing brings nothing to ipod, only to the itunes store. you can now gift songs and movies, you can write your reviews, you get recomendations based on music you like and some other thing i can't remember, but it all concerns the itunes store.

the cool thing is that now you can set up your videos library, a little problem is that it doesn't take .avi, only because it's the one that provides better quality in less computer space, it does take .mpg which is exactly the inverse. that's what i call being nice.

as there don't seem to be any video ipod owners present, i'll go ahead and speculate that the battery lasts significantly shorter while playing video. reading and decoding compressed video is much more demanding for the hard disk and the cpu, which means more juice is needed for these two components. and then there's the backlit full-color LCD, a very power-hungry component, and with video being played, it's always on.