Y'z Dock 0.8.0 Bugs

Pretty mild bug, but a bug nonetheless. When set to auto-hide on the left or right side of the screen, with label fade-in enabled, the label will fade in from the side of the screen moving to the correct position. without auto-hide, the label fades in in place.

EDIT: After further use, i realized that this bug effects any screen position with auto-hide enabled.

Since 07 ver (and 08 to 081) i see a small bugg:

When I drag and drop on the dock any object (file) with system icon (f.e: text file), the icon is not showed in dock! I see just empty space (but object is present - I can run it). I had this problem only with system icons (regular icons - 128x128, normal bit depth). What about this?

Greetings!

I have dual monitor problems. I'd like my dock centered on one monitor or the other, but now with bottom/center selected, it's stretched across both monitors with an ugly gap in the middle where the bezels are. Maybe a "multi-monitor support tab" where you can pick more locations?

Also noticed if I picked bottom right, the dock moves to the bottom right corner of monitor 2 and when I hover over the dock, the rightmost 2 or 3 items expand off the screen.

Also, with v0.75 I was getting 42 fps speed...with v0.81 I get 23 fps. I'm wondering if it's the multimonitor support? At home (single monitor) v0.81 is about 3 fps faster than v0.75.

Alas, back to v0.75 until this location setting feature is changed.

Still...thanks to Mr Y. for a great program...

I have problems with Y'z Dock and WMP....it pops-up when I view a movie in full-screen using WMP8..I wasn't getting this problem with v0.7.5

Also if I set 'Always on Top' off and play a movie in full-screen and then move my mouse around where the dock is, WMP exits full-screen and pops-up the dock....:S

Siddharth

Originally posted by Siddharth@May 27 2003, 06:14 AM

I have problems with Y'z Dock and WMP....it pops-up when I view a movie in full-screen using WMP8..I wasn't getting this problem with v0.7.5

Also if I set 'Always on Top' off and play a movie in full-screen and then move my mouse around where the dock is, WMP exits full-screen and pops-up the dock....:S

Siddharth

i have this same problem when playing games, where it would cause the game to minimize

Originally posted by bhound89@May 26 2003, 04:20 AM

this has been happening before 8.1 also-----

i dont know if this is just me, but whenever i play a java game on the net, my dock flashes

i have that problem too, i think it's javaVM get CPU load 100%

The multi monitor support problem he is aware of. As far as Siddharth and machineHED's problem, this is NOT a bug. This is a feature that allows you to bump the screen to bring the dock forward of an application, which 90% of the people love and had requested. I myself could not live without this function. My only suggestion to you is write a .bat file for your game as many people do and use a shortcut to point to the .bat file:

taskkill /F /IM YzDock.exe

start /wait C:\Games\UT2003\System\UT2003.exe

start C:\Apps\YzDock\YzDock.exe

exit

This will close the dock, launch the game and then when you exit the game the dock will load. Also remember the 8.3 rule for DOS. If you have anything longer like a dir called Program Files it would be written Progra~1 in the .bat file.

Originally posted by KaosAD@May 27 2003, 09:10 PM

The multi monitor support problem he is aware of. As far as Siddharth and machineHED's problem, this is NOT a bug. This is a feature that allows you to bump the screen to bring the dock forward of an application, which 90% of the people love and had requested. I myself could not live without this function. My only suggestion to you is write a .bat file for your game as many people do and use a shortcut to point to the .bat file:

taskkill /F /IM YzDock.exe

start /wait C:\Games\UT2003\System\UT2003.exe

start C:\Apps\YzDock\YzDock.exe

exit

This will close the dock, launch the game and then when you exit the game the dock will load. Also remember the 8.3 rule for DOS. If you have anything longer like a dir called Program Files it would be written Progra~1 in the .bat file.

thanks for the tip for the batch file. now i started using that for all my games :)

• 3 years later...

Aquadock was a blatant "ripoff" of Yz dock - that's why you see the same error. I liked Yz too and used it up until a couple months ago....but time marches on and I finally switched to Objectdock...as to your icon problem, it should be able to find icons from sub-folders without any problem.