[link] Microsoft promotes its new OS, Vista

Ya know, its really irritating that they take away the apple, but sometimes its so screaming obvious that its funny. I saw this Destiny's Child music video on MTV once that showed them with an old ghetto powerbook (the black ones... Wallstreet and Lombard) and they removed the apple on the lid, but it was still there in the reflection!! Not sure what one it was, but it made me laugh a lot!

Oh! Well, I guess some people just have too much time on their hands ...

And I guess some people should maybe buy themselves a new pair of glasses...

Why is that funny or pathetic or however you may want to call it?

Because for those of you who do not know it, Windows is not supposed to run on an Apple computer. That's it. End of the chapter

@rjohnstone: If you don't care, just skip the thread but don't post your garbage here. That's not the purpose of this thread, nobody forced you to post here

Because for those of you who do not know it, Windows is not supposed to run on an Apple computer. That's it. End of the chapter

Says who? Not Microsoft.

Apple is the only one that restricts their OS to their hardware.

M$ could give sh!t what you run it on. M$ is a software company. Apple is a hardware company that makes software. BIG DIFFERENCE.

@rjohnstone: If you don't care, just skip the thread but don't post your garbage here. That's not the purpose of this thread, nobody forced you to post here

I'm the "Resident A$$hole", it's my job to point out useless crap.

Now take a chill pill and deal.

Oh my god , what a great job you're doing man...

Coming to aqua soft and posting your crap, sorry your "usual" crap

Like always man, irrelevant and useless posts....

if you think aqua soft is the place to get rid of your frustrations and complexes, you knocked on the wrong door...

And as I said, don't post your garbage here, leave it in your house

Now to come back on the subject, yes Apple restricts it hardware, i agree.

But first of all, it has the right to do so and secondly, by assuming this computer is an iBook , I don't see why Microsoft would promote its OS using a computer that doees not support its OS.

That just does not make sense...

This is GD, Rjohnstone. If you dont like what you read there isnt much choice for you; you either read the "crap" or you dont - but please, dont come in to stir the ****. Its ~just~ GD.

Anyway - it looks like an iBook to me regardless of the lookalikes; show me one of those lookalikes in which the screen "hangs" on the back and it doesn't originate from the bottom flat layer of the machine.

Yea... I probably was a bit harsh... was feeling exceptionaly grouchy yesterday. For that I apologize..

I guess my point is, it's obviously a piece of stock photography.

I doubt seriously M$ really took into account, or even cares for that matter, what type of laptop is in the photo.

After all... M$ owns Virtual PC, so it's very possible to have a flavor of Windows running on an iBook.

So with that in mind, it doesn't really matter what's in the pic.

Is M$ intentionaly promoting Apple hardware? Who knows, but I don't see why not. They own a chunk of Apple anyway, so it would only feed into their bottom line... $$$$$

And Seph is correct... only the iBook has a display hinge designed like that

Being a former iBook owner for many years, I can say without a doubt that that is an iBook in the pic.