[release] iPod nano again ^^,

Millennium

ACTUALLY retard, it cant, an ipod nano can only hold a 1000 songs if the songs were 1 minute long, most songs are 3 to 5 etc minutes long.

Umm.. you need to go back to school and pay attention to what the teacher has to say this time. An 3-4min long mp3 is in average 4mb in size. 4mb x 1000 = 4000Mb = 4Gb. Seems to me, and to apple that an Ipod Nano 4Gb actually can hold approx. 1000 songs. And you call other people retards. Sigh!

Umm.. you need to go back to school and pay attention to what the teacher has to say this time. An 3-4min long mp3 is in average 4mb in size. 4mb x 1000 = 4000Mb = 4Gb. Seems to me, and to apple that an Ipod Nano 4Gb actually can hold approx. 1000 songs. And you call other people retards. Sigh!

it may be, not always, i have a barry white cd, each song range from 3 to 4 minutes, and theres about 12, it takes up 200mb total on my comp, and 1.1 gb on my ipod mini, so either im doing something wrong or my ipods messed up.

i also checked a song by led zep, its 5 minutes and its 7.3mb, um so yeah, your correct sometimes but not all songs are 4mb just cause there 4 minutes :

btw my ipod total, which is a mini holds only 157 songs and its 3.9gb already, so i dont know whats up. i cant find a song thats only 1mb either :

it may be, not always, i have a barry white cd, each song range from 3 to 4 minutes, and theres about 12, it takes up 200mb total on my comp, and 1.1 gb on my ipod mini, so either im doing something wrong or my ipods messed up.

i also checked a song by led zep, its 5 minutes and its 7.3mb, um so yeah, your correct sometimes but not all songs are 4mb just cause there 4 minutes :

btw my ipod total, which is a mini holds only 157 songs and its 3.9gb already, so i dont know whats up. i cant find a song thats only 1mb either :

that'd mean your average for a song is 25 mb.. :confused:

might wanna have soemone take a look at it...

nice, but you made the gabriel/hobbes/ifido reflection mistake :P

What do you mean by that?????

We shouldn't be able to see a reflection from the angle that the ipod is on, well at least that's what I can see wrong with the reflection anyways.

However, that's not a bad lil icon! Nice work mate, keep it up.

All this talk about how many songs the new Ipod can hold is really ridiculous. People are making statements without backing them with any facts..

The only post with any validity was the one made about encoding with AAC at 128kbps.. This is true..

As for everyone else who posted, you can't just go to your MP3 collection and start averaging out how big a song is based on it's length.. You must also take in consideration the bitrate, whether it is VBR or Constant and what type of compression algorithim is being used. If you were to take a 5 min song and encode it with 128kbps, 192kbps, 256kbps and 320kbps, you will see major differences in size because of the bitrate. The higher the bitrate, the higher the quality of audio that is going to be reproduced and the bigger the file will be..

I just thought that I would clear up some of this..

Ooh and before any of you ask, NO, you cannot make an mp3 better quality or any compressed audio format by simply reencoding it with a higher bitrate...

- Runasoft