Official iTunes 5 thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it is multi-language, it ignores that my XP is english and shows me the german resources. You can force it to use the localization of your choice in two ways:

1. Rename the iTunesiTunes.Resoourcesde.lproj folder to "de.lproj.bak" where "de" is your locale identifier so that it falls back to english-US.
  2. Copy and paste the language of your choice and rename it to your locale.

This two-letters resemble the "Language Bar" in the task bar.

I now like it, and am getting used to it. It looks better and saves more room on the desktop. iTunes 5 is the new begining. :P

Definitely. The smaller borders are great and really allow me to browse my library easily. I can see what Apple were aiming for. The caption buttons just look... well out of place. A quality visualisation looks great though with the smaller side borders.

I disagree...I dont mind this...not only does it match the new OS (10.4) which has more simplistic styling, but its less in your face...

Lets face it, those metal textures were over the top especially in RAM consumption (at least in my opinion). The thing I love about this design is that it puts enphasis on the buttons that matter most....everything is simple, easy to find, and placed where it should be.

Not to sure about those menus though...I would get rid of them If I were apple...I find myself never using them

Now that Apple abandoned the previous metallic background and Windows titlebar, why does Quicktime 7 has them?

One more thing about iTunes 5:

Video playback is heavier than before. Sometimes it makes everything else so less responsive, that I cannot even pause a movie when playing, minimize the window or switch to another one.

I kindof like the new interface. I wish I could skin it to the old every now and then.

But read this to hear the old interface in it's own words!

PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT LYRICS

HAHAHA That's great.. isn't it sad that I could follow that completely..:)

About iTunes 5.. big advocate here.. the fresh interface makes a nice change from B.M. and gives more emphasis on a neatly organise library... visualisations look sweet to. Fit's in nice with a 1px border theme.

hm...installed it yesterday....after shutting down all processes i dont need (helper, ipod etc. ), and now this fu bonjour service, itunes, u all now, pops a an error cause of sharing wouldn't work properly.

even when u re-start that service itunes still wants to be reinstalled....

but i wont share files with anyone...and i dont need the store? anyone knows how to disable this completely?

i think that is pretty much the worst version of itunes apple released so far...

apparently Apple are bringing out a new version of iTunes in a day or two, iTunes 5.something, to address "large problems windows users are having with the software".

how about putting some ticky-boxes in the installer... Do you want to install iPod service... Do you want to install Bonjour... etc. enough with the bloat already/

apparently Apple are bringing out a new version of iTunes in a day or two, iTunes 5.something, to address "large problems windows users are having with the software".

how about putting some ticky-boxes in the installer... Do you want to install iPod service... Do you want to install Bonjour... etc. enough with the bloat already/

I heard about this on the ipodlounge.com podcast. Touch wood i have not had any problems with 5.0.

What does the iPod service and Bonjour do? I noticed that something to do with Bonjour tried to connect to the internet when i installed 5.0.