[preview] OS X Systemprefs

prefs_banner.jpg

I just started to program my new SystemPrefs app. :)

Now I've got two projects running - exploriX and SystemPrefs. I know, that you might think "why the hell doesn't he first finish the finder clone?". Well, programming is just something for spending my freetime. And I always hate to concentrate on one thing ;)

I need tons of pictures of the real OS X Tiger prefs, because I can't make a screenshot of them - I don't have a Mac :P

So, if you can help me, just write me a PM - would be really nice :D

I already made a first alpha build - only with the searchbox (typing let's pop up a list) and a simple picture-change if you click and type inside of the searchfield :)

Totally unusable - but at least there's already the main thing ;)

DOWNLOAD alpha 0.1

Important! Requires .net Framework v2 Beta - Next release won't need it anymore!

====================================

For those of you, who don't have .net Framework v2, I made 2 screenshots of alpha 1.

Normal | Search

I've .Net Framework installed + Service Pack 1 for .Net framework installed. Yet, I get this message when I run your application

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .Net framework:

v2.0.50215

My system reports version 1.1.4322.573 as current version of .Net framework installed.. and I'm not able to find version reported by your application on MS website.

EDIT : Never mind, I found .Net framework v2 beta on MS website.... sorry about that stupid question... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You emulating mofos, I am feeling pretty dam generous today so here's a pic of my sysprefs, tiger 10.4.2 blah blah blah, next time get a mac b lah.

http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture17ye.png

Dude, emulating Mac OS X and the Aqua effect is what this group is all about. Hence the name: A Q U A soft. If you object to that, please visit another newsgroup instead of ours. :mad: Btw your Tiger sysprefs is a modified one and we need the original Tiger. Ciao.

Dude, emulating Mac OS X and the Aqua effect is what this group is all about. Hence the name: A Q U A soft. If you object to that, please visit another newsgroup instead of ours. :mad: Btw your Tiger sysprefs is a modified one and we need the original Tiger. Ciao.

His is not modified. The only thing he changed is installed a few prefPanes and used the sweetest theme in the world. IT ISN'T A CRIME!!!

Larsen, if you are looking for some critique on getting 1:1 (or at least close) I can give you some errors I see right now. The whole project looks great. My windows box will be treated with this once the final release is out.

Looking forware to it!

Lol take it easy, I was being sarcastic and actually helping you by showing you a picture of what the REAL thing looks like. And it isnt modded, the only thing that is different is the guikit, its not default aqua, but the rest, placement/icons/text strings are all the same.

Anywho I was on windows and emulated just like you back in the day, which is why I still visit this place, so I know where youre comming from...so if you need anymore pictures just ask, but please find a sense of humor ;P

May i introduce you to sarcasm? - Next time, go out, have a bit of air and then (if its necessary) reply.

That is the original sys preferences with another theme (themed does not make it a fake/hacked version) so shut your gob, bend down and say thank you.

Mann muß nicht immer so entfindlich sein.

May i introduce you to sarcasm? - Next time, go out, have a bit of air and then (if its necessary) reply.

...? Who says my remark wasn't sarcasm too?

Opinion. Look it up in the dictionary and note that it applies to a personal, subjective truth. Chill, and let us move on shall we? Back to topic.

What I tried to express in my earlier posting was: "if this apps wants to mimic OS X's sysprefs, what good is a picture of a themed version?" which I think is stil a valid argument. Anyways, this app looks promising (IMO) and I'm looking forward to the next release which is supposed to work without .Net installed. Meanwhile I'm using these Tiger system preferance, which also functions very well.