ObjectBar Mod

localhost

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

this is a great mod, but i cant get the shadow to work, or acctually i can, but then, well, i will explain how i got the shadow working, i checked in prefs to block winFX from applying the shaddow to the dok, and then unchecked it, applyied the prefs and it worked, but afterwards the dock showed thicker. so i went to prefs and tryied to give it exact height (22 pixels) as before, but it just didnt change into 22 pix, and when i got back to the prefs, there wasnt 22 pix as i tiped, but 0 pix. i tryied this few more times and it just wouldnt change, could anyone help me? I use OB 1.65 :(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't modify anything in menus, each time i try to change somthing (I want to translate a theme into french) it shows "Finder" in place of what i've changed. Is there a way to modify my bars and keep "finder when i click on the desktop ??

I've had that same problem, so what I've been doing is just quitting the modded ObjectBar and then loading the actual EXE and making whatever changes I need to, then quitting, and running the modded EXE.

• 1 month later...
localhost

can you try on your computer , chose Chinese as the default language in the "language for non-Unicode programs" ,and try to use OB to show some ctrl + or shift + , it crashes everytime here on my laptop.

I am using a windows pro sp2 and OB 1.65 635 /

i can confirm that. my setup is about the same as wishbone's, and your OB mod crashes every time i click on it, so i'm forced to revert back to the unmodded OB.

*sighs

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely an "I love you, man!" moment. Do you know how many hours I invested trying to tweak objectbar to do just what you have done here? Searching through registry keys, translating hex code, going through reshacker, pulling out every hair on my head and here you come along and... I am freakin high right now on this mod. Seriously, who needs crack when you have this sweet mod? YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!! Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...

I love you moment indeed. *Adds RK Launcher to list*

Btw, is there anyway you could fix some issues with for example photoshop? It malfunctions a lot with the "replace menu items" option on...

AND (bigass error) every shortcut I make now, is labeled: Finder. Always.

And it (always) makes it open up a Folder.

How on earth did you get it to do that?

The error occurs when renaming (again, anything), it changes it to Finder.

• 2 weeks later...

This is working rather oddly for me. I have some Finder-VFinder theme which I beleive is Lie and it works perfectly when using that theme. As far as I know, the mod needs the OBFont to work. Well, the Shinobi objectbar uses OBFont but for whatever reason It wont change Finder to the new active application name. It also is making things act weird when trying to edit my bars info. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

@unwritten - To make objectbar+ob_mod display new active application name:

Check to see if you have this option enabled

@localhost or anyone that can help - Anytime when I try to change the display-format of the clock, it changes to "Fin18er" instead, and just stays that way. I think this problem was adressed before, but I've just downloaded OB_mod a few days ago, and I tought it was already fixed. I'm sorry I don't have a screenshot of the problem, but if anyone recognizes it, any help to solve it would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Guys, whenever you want to change settings or configurations for your theme, just temporarily replace the modded objectbar.exe with the orginal, go back in, make your changes, then re-use te modded objectbar.exe to open ObjectBar up again. Otherwise you will get renaming issues and settings not going through because of the mod.

A minor inconvienience when considering how freakin' awsome this is. By the way, LocalHost, perhaps you could do something about Photoshop. If you could do that, we could start talking about organizing a religious cult in your name. How about it?

Quite. And we all implore or dear friend localhost to adapt the mod to ObjectBar 2.0 when it comes out. (Pleeeeeeeease???) And maybe localhost could kick Photoshop CS2 in the nads while he's at it. I can't get the menus to work in ObjectBar! They show up but they're empty! WHY???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Errr... i installed it and it only works with some apps...

explorer.exe=Finder: Working

nexplorer.exe=Finder: Working

Desktop=Finder: Working

ObjectBar=Finder: Working

Mozilla Firefox=Safari: Working

These apps are NOT working [it still says the original app name]:

RK Launcher

Yahoo Widget Engine

Miranda IM

Picasa

Looca

Anyone knows how to solve this?