Dashboard WidgetDock

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they must have something changed in konfab 2.1. i have the same behavior here (about the position after loading widget) doesn't matter were i will set the position in my code. i found a way to fix this. want a fixed version soon? then i will release it tonight.

because i will release a modified version anyway. maybe they will add that version to the widget gallery. but anyway, i will keep the original one as it is, just will update both in the future or put the WidgetDockMod in my trash bin if they wont add it to the gallery.

Widgetdock 2.3 is crashing? really?

Siosae,

Why don't you make the widget skinnable, and just include an original default skin? Then whomever wants it 1:1 graphics wise could simply download the dashboard skin from this thread? I realize this would probably mean the bringing back of the resource folder, but it never bothered me to have that anyways. This would allow the widget to be entered into the widget gallery, it's such a cool widget it deserves to be there! I could help on a default skin if you wanted to take this approach. :)

Great Work again on the newest release!

Chris

ok i had a look into the unit converter code and i found the bug in it

in the function ChangeMenuRight() in the else section if you comment these two deletes out

else{

//delete DDM1[0];//this one

for (var i = 0; i < DDM1Items.length; i++)

//delete DDM1Items;//and this one

ItemvOff_1 = 113;

MenuShown[1] = 0;

TestB.opacity = 1;

and in the function ChangeMenuRight() in the else section if you comment these two deletes out

else{

//delete DDM2[0];//this one

for (var i = 0; i < DDM2Items.length; i++)

//delete DDM2Items;

ItemvOff_2 = 113;// and this one

MenuShown[2] = 0;

TestC.opacity = 1;

the unit converter works without crashing but the bottom menus dont close after you have selected items from the bottom drop down menus , but if you click the top drop down list on and off it closes the menu and you can use it like normal.

know i know this isnt a proper fix , however its where the bug lies in the menus,so if you want a tempory fix until its fixed properly just coment out those deletes and it will get it working again.

:D

great idea binary, why didn't i thinking of it making the dock skinnable...

...will be a great new feature for the next major release. until then this is how the WidgetDockMod v1.0 look now:

WidgetDockMod1.png

I'm not completely satisfied with the result but had to do it quickly. what i like is the manage widget button animation :-)

I know, it doesn't look as good as the original. on the other side maybe to similiar for a place in the gallery :(:) ?? unfortunately submit new widgets to the gallery is offline for now, so i dont get an answer trying it.

@binary

although i wont be able to make the widget skinnable in the next few weeks (i'm on holiday for 21 days) it would be very nice if you try to make a default skin for the dock.

SioSae

great idea binary, why didn't i thinking of it making the dock skinnable...

...will be a great new feature for the next major release. until then this is how the WidgetDockMod v1.0 look now:

WidgetDockMod1.png

I'm not completely satisfied with the result but had to do it quickly. what i like is the manage widget button animation :-)

I know, it doesn't look as good as the original. on the other side maybe to similiar for a place in the gallery :(:) ?? unfortunately submit new widgets to the gallery is offline for now, so i dont get an answer trying it.

@binary

although i wont be able to make the widget skinnable in the next few weeks (i'm on holiday for 21 days) it would be very nice if you try to make a default skin for the dock.

SioSae

That looks pretty good, I like the gear idea! :) I'll work on a new skin during the next few weeks then, you could always include a couple to start off with anyways :)

Maybe I'll make a watercolor skin for watercolor fans too!

Let me just say that this is hands down the best konfabulator widget I've ever used. You always know how to amaze me. First your weather dock, now this. If you, SioSae, could port all the rest of the Tiger widgets to konfabulator, I would probably have to fly over to wherever you live just to kiss your feet.

Thanks again!

thanks a lot.

by the way, how far is the calendar going? and is someone actually working on the address book or the phone book? hm

but first i will finish the weather and add some small functions to the dock until end of the week and after that there will be a three week holiday break for me ;-)

new version is out:

- fixed spawning function (cleanup is working again)

- add some coontext menu options

-- clear widgetdock

-- close dock on widget open

-- open dock by entering konspose mode

-- close dock by exiting konspose mode

- add hotkey (control+f8)

SioSae

hey i have a suggestion. would it be possible to create some sort of section for links? links to programs like messenger or photoshop? i like this thing so much more than any dock i've used and i can see myself using it for links. of course one would have to create their own icons for these programs, but thats only a minor problem :)

Yeah that would be so great! And yeah, that's actually a pretty cool idea, using the application icon by default, but with the ability to change the icon in case the resolution is too low etc. Would it be possible to implement?What about the ability to use links to folders and such, like in Y'z dock or Object Dock?

Thanks again btw. I love this dock

one question about adding the ability to add programs, folders etc to the widgetdock:

how should it be, mixed mode? means you can add what you want and it will be shown in disorder (maybe sort by kind of entry could be possible) or have seperated bars for each kind means you have to change between widgets and programs (maybe they will be switched by moving up and down and replacing each other)

the first one would be faster to implement.

SioSae

one question about adding the ability to add programs, folders etc to the widgetdock:

how should it be, mixed mode? means you can add what you want and it will be shown in disorder (maybe sort by kind of entry could be possible) or have seperated bars for each kind means you have to change between widgets and programs (maybe they will be switched by moving up and down and replacing each other)

SioSae

I like the first idea

SioSae

Hey, I kinda like the first one more if it would be possible to also maybe manually drag things on the dock as well to make it kind of like how you can do it on Y'z dock or any other dock. Sory by kind/alphabetically etc would also be a great idea. Thanks for actually considering this! :D