[Request] IM Program Widget

After looking at certain desktops, apparently I have seen some that have contact lists for IM. Is there really such a thing for Konfabulator or similar? I have been searching a bit and haven't seen something like that for windows. I wonder if it's not too difficult to write up a widget for a program such as Trillian so that it can show you at least the contact list, ability to IM upon clicking the desired contact list, and perhaps a button to open up the main window of the program. If there is really such a thing that exists at the moment, then could someone tell me what kind of program is it. Otherwise if possible someone step up to the challenge and try something like this.

most often what you see is miranda... not a widget

miranda allows config files to skin the app and includes an app to define your skin... only thing that sucks about miranda is that y ou can check peoples away messages without im'ing them.. .hope this helps

Yes you can do this in konfabulator but you would need someone that knows the COM cammands for trillian,msn and so forth. Arlo claims he has an msn widget but I have yet to see it and the one person that was working on it could not find documentation for msn 6 or 7 so he could try and make it,all he could find was info on windows messenger.

AFAIK, the COM implementation in Konfab is so weak that it does not work with MSN.

Until the COM part is fixed (hopefully soon) there is no working MSN widget possible.

Gaim does not have a COM accessibility interface and is hence out of reach.

Miranda also hasn't but a plug-in could handle that.

Good suggestions. Guess I got to read up on more with COM commands if I want something done, and yet I have little experience. It all seems like a lot of effort, but sure there are several programs that are implemented. For some they may seem hard, but at least doable since there are several widgets that can seem to poke at programs well. I guess what we need is either books+brains or someone to step up and try something for at least one IM program.