[link] iTunes 4.9

I don't understand what's wrong with their updates. They only thing bad here is that my plugin doesn't work well. but do they really care? and do 90% of the iTunes users care? I don't think so...

Edit:

Just checked in PearPC, the background mask is still there in the resources!

I was afraid they started rendering the mask on the fly in this version.

Now background skinning might get back when I figure out how.

Another edit:

I've got background skinning is working! :D

They've just changed the order of the image loading...

I don't understand what's wrong with their updates. They only thing bad here is that my plugin doesn't work well. but do they really care? and do 90% of the iTunes users care? I don't think so...
Hmmm... Well, if that thing about 90% iTunes users is true, then I'm glad to be rest 10%.. ;)...

Anyways, I really wonder why the incompability issue comes.. maybe apple should take robustness issue for iTunes plugins beyond just visualization plugins... I see visualization plugins (at least G-Force on my windows box) working fine through different iTunes version (I installed it on 4.7.1 and same thing still working fine with 4.9).

I guess one reason they are not opening iTunes that much could be the music store... since they want to keep it as much as secure (imagine someone building a plugin which let you *rip" songs from iTMS..lol). Hopefully, we get some flexible plugin platform with iTunes 5 (whenever it comes), since that would really be major update.

The visualization interface is well documented. They won't change it unless they really have a reason to, unless they want complains from developers.

Multi-Plugin messes with the way iTunes works from inside. Even if they replace the order of any simple 2 lines of code, the plugin could trashed.

Now I've made the skins a little more universal, it detects the background mask automatically and not using a constant number, so it will work if they change the loading order again.

The visualization interface is well documented. They won't change it unless they really have a reason to, unless they want complains from developers.

Multi-Plugin messes with the way iTunes works from inside. Even if they replace the order of any simple 2 lines of code, the plugin could trashed.

I Understand what you mean, it's more like *hack* to the program... no offence I meant, but it's like tweaking the stuff get more juice out of it...

Any update of MultiMedia key anwyay ??

I Understand what you mean, it's more like *hack* to the program... no offence I meant, but it's like tweaking the stuff get more juice out of it...

Any update of MultiMedia key anwyay ??

I've looked at the code, and there is nothing in it that messes with the multimedia keys except when the option to fix the keys is selected...

I have no idea what it could be.

What model is your keyboard?

btw, is there a way to turn off the podcasts in the source list? now I have a scrollbar stuck in there :slant:

lol.. there is no Option to turn off Podcast from the source list... rather funny !!

BTW.. I use Samsung Trution Keyboard (Model TKB3000 to be precise), and Multimedia Keys were working just fine before 0.64.... I wonder what went wrong.

yea my multimedia keys havent been working either. I've got a Flexiglow Illuminated Multimedia Keyboard however i haven't got the software installed for it but it has worked fine in the past without it.

Still a great plugin nonetheless, great stuff localhost :)

IIRC, the main driving force behind iTunes development is the online shop.

Someone hacks it, iTunes setup increases 500 KB, repeat.

Oh and the one or other oddly questionable feature addition gets a lift occasionally.