My rights as a minor?

hah!, I was just addressing that in my edit before i saw your post :D

I agree with that quote, but I don't agree that pop's situation calls for the mute. In fact I see it as exactly the opposite - it is THE ideal place to discuss such matters. Which is why I made that list of points; situations such as those are usually the most interesting places to discuss such matters because there are people who are interested in the same subject and have differing opinions at hand.

I mean, its a political book signing - it has interesting discussions in line written all over it!

I'm in similar situations all the time (minus the celebrity), and they're prime examples of when you don't want to keep your mouth shut because everyone is having fun talking.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you do have a point :) - I guess to really see how things went we had to be there and hear the tone and the exact words in pops et al discussion, right?

Yes, everyone is playing, you want to play too - however, to add to my side of things, there are MANY ways to say things (and to counter my argument, by the Cromagnon display of that guy, one could infer that anything that could have been said would have make the monkey jump :P )

yeah, it really depends on how well pops is describing it.

reminds me of when I was 16 years old walking down a street, and just glanced (normally) at a guy walking towards me. I didn't even say a word, was just walking as normal as can be and the guy punched me in the face(extremely hard ie. it dazed me), and started kicking me on the ground until his friend pulled him off me screaming at him that he was crazy.

I was so suprised/dumbfounded I didn't have time to react - besides bleeding on him.

That one thing that bothers me.

If what you were saying was offending anyone, they dont have to listen to it. they can just not pay attention or walk away. i hate how people think they have a right not to be bothered by somthing they dont like, when the only right is to say what you want to say.

Shure you should expect somone to not agree with you, but for them to go as far as say you cannot say what you belive, thats messed up. maybe they wernt going that far, but if they were, their the ones that are wrong.

Its much easier to assume people WONT like what you have to say - that way you work harder on your diction/wording while still maintaining your opinion. Most of the time is how you say things that matter ;)

Guest Jesus Franco
If it were me....I would have told him to F*** off!!! If you were in a mall, he would not have done anything to you...too many people. And if he did, perfect you have witnesses! Take his ass to court and sue ;)

That might not be the smartest thing to do. He would still have to endure the pain. No matter how much money he can make off that ass he still needs to pay for a laywer etc. Court Trials can take forever. Especially in the United States.

I have gone through a similar situation. I did take phisical action. Because of my horrible temper I ended up doing time. The case has been active for 2 months. And I am being charged with 2 things. I am ****ing 15 and now I have a record because of my TEMPER and it wasnt even me who started the situation.

Pop I'm impressed that you did what did. You handled the situation very maturely. Props my man.

If you can control yourself do so. I know I cant. And now I need to take anger management classes. :slant:

..... you better believe some will take offense and will sure enough sound off on it.

precisely. if you weren't a minor you can bet your åss other people would have gotten in your face, too. with the current political climate in the US you're just asking for trouble. and if you're a junior in high school and still haven't figured this out you've got bigger troubles ahead.

Ah, long live europe, where people simply dont care about your political view.

then other than yourself, you've never talked to someone from europe.

don't know if you know what cspan is, but it's a channel that broadcasts in the u.s. coverage from the u.s. congress in session, but they often show the house of commons in the u.k. and it's almost hilarious how passionate they get there, yelling and booing eachother as they speak!

then other than yourself, you've never talked to someone from europe.

don't know if you know what cspan is, but it's a channel that broadcasts in the u.s. coverage from the u.s. congress in session, but they often show the house of commons in the u.k. and it's almost hilarious how passionate they get there, yelling and booing eachother as they speak!

Booing != caring