[Rel] Liquid 2

Liquid 2 was inspired by Aqua but given a bit more "fun" sense to it. It makes use of the latest WindowBlinds 4.59 features (such as glowing buttons that glow outside the window area) and has sound effects and more.

You know Frogboy, the stripes in the Aqua was the first thing that got ditched by both Apple as the Aqua-fanatics... ;) So I don't know who to please with it. Is the shadow around the startmenu WindowFX or did you create it in-skin?

From the link: Liquid 2 is a collaboration by Dangeruss and Frogboy to create a better aqua than aqua?

Using Aqua in WB with M$-style buttons & icons seems...out of place. But that's just my opinion.

Most of the users around here that use your WindowBlinds prefer it above UXtheme of StyleXP because of the fact it can put the close, min, max glyphs to the top left of a window instead of the M$'s disturbingly illogical min, max, close top right approach.

Buttons that glow...I see the selecter yellow ' + ' ; kewl effect. This feature has potential.

WB 4.59...Wow, I guess WB 4.6 (standalone) is lurking around the corner? (hint, hint :P ).

Guest BugMeNot123
Most of the users around here that use your WindowBlinds prefer it above UXtheme of StyleXP because of the fact it can put the close, min, max glyphs to the top left of a window instead of the M$'s disturbingly illogical min, max, close top right approach.

Hi,

May I know why MS glyphs on the top right is "disturbingly illogical"?

First off all I will not for a second deny that the theme looks dated. It is definitely not my style either, so I will not be downloading it.

On the other hand I like the look you are trying to achieve and the glowing control buttons are a neat feature and will probably appeal to users who skin their desktops for 'fun' and the 'coolness factor' rather than 'functionality'. It could be improved with more sleekness in the design but this is a good start. I encourage you to keep developing this.

May I know why MS glyphs on the top right is "disturbingly illogical"?
Off course. I was trying to Google the specific article for you, but to no succes. The thing is [-] [+] [x] is supposed to be illogical (to Vulcans and virgin pc-users) because the preluding -(small), + (larger), chunks should suggest the next one would be largest insead of x (close).

Supposedly it causes confusion to ****ee's to the Windows OS GUI. They expect it to beome larger and instead it is gone (aka closed).

I know impossible to think of for the usual win9x,me,2000,xp,2003 veteran.

The OS X approach of [x], [-], [+] supposedly should be a more logical chunk.

small to large, large to small instead of small, big, bigge-closed... (M$),

you get it? The Apple color markings should make it even more logical,

because they resemble the traffic light.

Whatever the underlaying philosophy,

in my original posting I tried to point out that if WB enables the skinner to make the window more mac,

why not do it to further the mimic.

Then again it's a matter of personal taste.

I happen to like the OS X approach above the M$ setup, but I think ideally every skin should contain both top-left (Mac) and top right (M$) configurations... ;)