• Calendar
    • Flight Tracker
    • Phone Book
    • Widget Dock

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreams Digital, the weather.com feed is missing information sometimes. it's not a bug of the widget. maybe in a next release i will begin showing the forecast from the next day after sunset instead of the current day.

and @donzee, it grows beyond a 1:1 version actually ;)

which city do you use and please take a look at the last update time (in the icon tooltip) and tell me what it says? because i have a feeling that the weather.com update mechanism isn't working well.

sorry, found the bug. when using weather.com it wont be updating unless you switch to accuweather and back to weather.com

new update available. sorry for that.

EDIT:

please redownload the widget.

SioSae

@bluelegend

it will check every 3 minutes for a connection if you get your feed from accuweather while using weather.com will take half an our at most. i change it right now. in a few minutes there will be a new update. had to do one because there were two little bugs fixed.

EDIT:

NEW VERSION is available fixing/changing the following issues:

- widget wont start if installed for the very first time (a major bug, dont ya think?)

- one particular icon number didn't match to a correct icon (only with weather.com)

- the regaining connection handling for weather.com (at least 3 minutes after having a connection established, the widget loads new weather information)

SioSae

I am using this on my home PC, and it is beautiful, on the mac here at work, the only issue i can really see is that the text field from the back of the widget flashes while the widget is facing forward. The opacity is also a little screwy every once in a while also on the mac. And one last thing on the mac, it doesn't let you move the widget closer than 2.5 inches to the top of the screen, it's like it hits an invisible ceiling. Though on my PC it is great. Great job with this, hopefully I'll be able to use it on my mac at work soon, if not, no big deal. Thanks for all the hard work. I'll try to post a screenshot of the weird white text field thing.

textfield2small.jpg

- the text field is flashing: by clicking on the done button the opacity for the textarea is set to 0. dont know why this is happening on the mac side. will keep searching for an answer. just one question about it, is the textarea only flashing during the flip back or the whole time?

- about the opacity, what exactely do you mean?

- about the 2.5 inches on the top thing, very strange. dont know why this is happening eighter. have to take a closer look.

by the way, want to inform you, there is another bug in the widget (the handling on no results using weather.com city search), fixed that but didn't build a new release yet.

- the text field is flashing: by clicking on the done button the opacity for the textarea is set to 0. dont know why this is happening on the mac side. will keep searching for an answer. just one question about it, is the textarea only flashing during the flip back or the whole time?

- about the opacity, what exactely do you mean?

- about the 2.5 inches on the top thing, very strange. dont know why this is happening eighter. have to take a closer look.

by the way, want to inform you, there is another bug in the widget (the handling on no results using weather.com city search), fixed that but didn't build a new release yet.

The text area flashes periodically as it sits on the desktop even when it has not been touched for a while. the opacity sometimes does not come back to 100% after flipping back around or sometimes when opening the widget from the get go. If I flip it back and forth, it seems to correct itself after awhile. I agree, the 2.5 inches thing is weird, it seems like it is bumping into something, when nothing is there. I still say great job on this widget, it looks and works great on my home PC.

Hi again. I just noticed the widget was not updating within the first 3 minutes of return from hibernation (it's been 20 minutes). It must not have ever noticed it was missing an internet connection. It should judge by the last successful update so it knows that the data is about 10 hours old. :)

BTW, I'm using the weather.com feed. Don't know how it acts with the accuweather feed, but I'd guess it acts the same.

Thanks SioSae!

Wierd thing this widget just stopped working for me today, don't know if its a temporary thing or not but Accuweather.com is working fine, so no issue there. I get the error message Dashboard Weather was unable to load itself successfully. Grrrr. :mad:

Oops, never mind temporary thing indeed, working again now.

Wierd thing this widget just stopped working for me today, don't know if its a temporary thing or not but Accuweather.com is working fine, so no issue there. I get the error message Dashboard Weather was unable to load itself successfully. Grrrr. :mad:

Oops, never mind temporary thing indeed, working again now.

I have the same problem with you.What happened?

Dashboard Weather was suddenly unable to load sucessfully.

Either V.1 nor V.2 don't work.:(

I have the same problem with you.What happened?

Dashboard Weather was suddenly unable to load sucessfully.

Either V.1 nor V.2 don't work.:(

I just restarted Konfab Ver.2 and kept trying to load Dashoboard Weather through the right click menu on the system tray icon for Konfab. Eventually it loaded and works fine now. Might have been a temp thing with the feed since I never had problems before.

sorry folks, but i never got that error message or had problems loading the widget. and for now, I dont know the reason for the problem you post.

I will have to check the startup procedure inside my widget. maybe next week, because right now i'm very busy getting the widgetdock done.