[poll] What do you think?

23 members have voted

1. 1.

• Good.
    • Ok.
    • Needs work.

tsk tsk you don't listen to ME OR FACIST [even though his website design sucks too]!

that design is CRAP. it looks like a cheap design copied from a tutorial... icky brushes strokes and gradients....

i'm ****ing telling you to just START FROM SCRATCH and make something NOT CHEAP OR TUTORIAL-Y OR UGLY OR SOMETHING WITH UNMATCHING/UGLY COLORS. just ewww.

I'm goign to be a little less harsh, and say work on the bluey/whity gradient text thing. It just deosn't work i'm afraid. And try and make it a bit more dynamic looking. The blue borders are too large, they split everything too much. If i wer u i'd scrap them and frame eveything in one border. And also a bit of contrast wouldn't go amiss. And though it's not nice, i can understand what pat means by tutorial-ish - It's becasue you need to work on the layout. Try making the banner wider so it goes across the top of the menu, rather than leaving an awkward space in the corner. Good luck.

']augh. dont make me do this pat.

yes, a web design does involve "creativity" but it shouldnt get in the way of the design being "usable", i mean it should be "easy on hte eyes" and easily navigatable...

[offtopic]I hope that you understand that we're only trying to help you[/offtopic]

Since when did you all become such great designers.

Timmy it looks fine imo, you make what you like, not what other people like. You can ask for feedback and ideas, but don't let that change your focus on your designs. I'm not sure how well you know photoshop or not, not sure if you use tutorials or not, thats your buis. if you like it, go with it. Screw everyone else IMO.

pwnzrzpat you better chill out

1) You use a certain effect on the left bar and the top bar, but not the content area. Why not?

2) Stripes and borders are too prominent

3) You don't need a period after those navbar links

4) Area in upper-left corner is unused. Though this is occasionally acceptable, it doesn't offer anything in your case. Find something to fill it with.

5) Too harsh on the eyes. I think it's the pure black borders you used, as well as the fact that you tried for "frame borders". It stands out, and doesn't help.

6) Your logo "webhelp" has no corresponding text that's in the same style, anywhere throughout the page.

7) The blue color doesn't fit with the burn marks/bullet holes, or whatever those are.

I would use the burn marks/bullet holes idea, and take it somewhere. A faded gray/yellowish/grunge backgroud, perhaps.

It does look a bit tutorial-ish, but with some time and effort, I'm sure you can make it look great!

-NC

Since when did you all become such great designers.

Timmy it looks fine imo, you make what you like, not what other people like. You can ask for feedback and ideas, but don't let that change your focus on your designs. I'm not sure how well you know photoshop or not, not sure if you use tutorials or not, thats your buis. if you like it, go with it. Screw everyone else IMO.

pwnzrzpat you better chill out

THANKS!

Anyways, Guys, i now have a little update. Please check it out: http://www.wh-am.com/webhelp/webhelp.jpg

Its taking into effect the comments i recieved. It looks alot better in my opinion.; tell me what you think!

Jesus, pat, take a chill pill... his design is definitely NOT crap...

@Timmy:

I generally like it. You have the burn marks/grunge whatever on the navbar, why not use that on the main content area also? Uniformity in a website helps a lot. I like how the colors blend together. I think you should find a replacement for that search button though :P

Also, take into account what your site is for. I'm guessing some sort of web design/management? If you're using the site as a professional company style site, it's probably better to simplify it as much as possible. Complex with a lot of images are not necessarily the right solution, especially if you are offering some sort of service to your visitors.

Hope this helps

ummm, you are certainly one to talk about crap designs....be nice for once

tsk tsk you don't listen to ME OR FACIST [even though his website design sucks too]!

that design is CRAP. it looks like a cheap design copied from a tutorial... icky brushes strokes and gradients....

i'm ****ing telling you to just START FROM SCRATCH and make something NOT CHEAP OR TUTORIAL-Y OR UGLY OR SOMETHING WITH UNMATCHING/UGLY COLORS. just ewww.