Shutdown/Reboot Icons

ricky

I guess you misunderstood me... I already have a shortcut on my dock for shutdown/reboot. I use that ShortPopUp program to display a menu for shortcuts that I have created that run "shutdown -s" and "shutdown -r". That part was easy. I'm just looking for a nifty icon that represents "shutdown" or "reboot" in your mind. This little red orb doesn't quite scream "shutdown."

At any rate, my email is [email protected].

Originally posted by exograpix@Nov 23 2002, 05:26 PM

Ricky

Please send your email address i will send you the shutdown icon & program for auto shutdown

Vikram

Ummm....Vikram, it would be appreciated if you could post the icon here so that everyone would have access to it...just a suggestion.

Siddharth

I couldn't force myself to do my work (writing.... boooring) nor study so i fired up Photoshop and started playing again :P

Got bored with the globes... Here are the results...

shutdown.png

reboot.png

Hope you'll like them... some feedback would be nice too... :)

Posted icons are copyright © 2002 Orcinus (Ante Vukorepa)

Orcinus

Ok... here are the orb versions...

They look kinda sucky, though... i just did a quick retouch of the hex ones...

If anyones interested, i could try to draw a better version...

shutdown_orb.png

reboot_orb.png

Posted icons are copyright © 2002 Orcinus (Ante Vukorepa)

Orcinus

Edit: I also deepend the glyph shadow and moved the whole orb a bit up off centre so the orb shadow doesn't get cut off and they get centered properly in the dock...

What exactly do you mean by

shadow kind of looks a little wierd on top (its slightly pointy)
?

Could you explain or circle it and show me?

BTW, i've mailed you the icon you asked me, did it get through? (i didn't get any replies)

Orcinus

Edit: Did you mean to write hilight instead of shadow?

Originally posted by orcinus@Nov 30 2002, 03:37 PM

What exactly do you mean by

shadow kind of looks a little wierd on top (its slightly pointy)
?

Could you explain or circle it and show me?

BTW, i've mailed you the icon you asked me, did it get through? (i didn't get any replies)

Orcinus

Edit: Did you mean to write hilight instead of shadow?

hi ornicus :)

I did mean to write shadow instead of highlight :) I am sorry. If you feel like it...and have free time of course...if you could redo that I would be extremley happy.

And yes I did receive your email, thank you so much for sending them over to me. Thats a pretty nifty site there :) Anways, I am sorry about not responding to your email...I am at home (going back tomorrow THANK GOD) from college for a few days and my workgroup and internet connection is configured for their servers, so while I can receive mail I can't respond to it at the mome

nt. Again very sorry for not thanking you the proper way :(:)

Thank you very much again for all of your help. I really do appreciate it :)

Mark

Thanx for comments, everyone! means a lot!

VideoMann: i intentionally made them darker/desaturated a bit... if other people think they'd be better with more saturation, i'll redo that too...

Nobski: i actually have a non orb/hex idea for that one... i thought about an isometrically placed CPU with a little text bubble above saying "Zz"

Still haven't moved a finger, much less drew anything, though... the closer the holidays are, the more school / work seem to pour over my unsuspecting head...

Orcinus