[Release] Safari fx 1.0 Preview Release

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants my customized SAFARI.wba just PM me and I'll send it.

It's the basic SAFARI.wba, but modded with Hill's Brushed titlebar (so it fits with this mod) and Xero's recently released Mac OSX titlebar buttons (only the rollup one, SAFARI.wba was missing one.

Attached is a screen. I set WindowBlinds' Single App Prefs to use this wba for Firefox only.

whenever I use the file menu system, it's like the browser is DANCING, Let me explain..................

the whole screen, via the Firefox browser is expanding or contrasting, shrinking or growing the whole browser . & if you move your mouse back & forth facst enough, it will do the jiggy UP & DOWN...

this is only happening sence the release of this skin. It's has to be the css, where do I begin how do I go after this fix?

I need help

System specs:

Windows XP SP2

768RAM

Windowblinds 4.5 (buiod 185)

Firefox 1.0.3

RKLauncher

Avedesk

Objectbar

Entbloess

Vanim

Flyakite osx 2

I am not very good at messing with firefox, I have the theme installed, as well as the stop/reload, tab, and progress bar extensions installed

The stop reload button does not look right, you can see 2 buttons. The right half of one and the left half of another, like its not aligned correctly. Also my addressbar and google search bar are square, not rounded

I tried to follow the instructions but they confused me too much, could someone put up instructions that are easier to understand, or maybe just post an updated version of the theme that works with Firefox 1.0.3

also, is anyone working on the rss feed button, located in the addressbar of Safari 2.0. Shouldn't be too hard since firefox has rss support.

Does anyone know if I can change the window title by reshacking or using a hex editor on the executable, or is it something inside of the chrome files?

i have to say this is the closest a firefox user can get to having a the safari browser all the other themes that look like safari just don't compare...btw i made a msstyle for firefox that looks good by itself as well...it is now not attached to this message...this it wasn't for windowblinds.

this is what i said to zondajag via pm

1. extract the browser.css, browser.js, and the browser.xul from the new version of browser.jar (1.03) and install them into the old one from the Safari FX relaease (with winrar)

2. Put the safari FX browser.jar and help.jar in Program FilesMozilla Firefoxchrome.

3. Install Safari_fx_1.0_Preview_Release.jar.

4. once intalled the theme, go to Documents and SettingsuserApplication DataMozillaFirefoxProfilesweridnumbers.default extensions{EEA9397A-2EFC-43f7-91C4-3603DDE57280}chrome open the .jar theme in winrar, go to the browser folder and drag there the files of the attached zip (the thread)

5. Install Fusion_0.6.1.xpi

6. install the apple compact menu

7. install stop/reload extension

I don´t know, what is wrong I´m using windowblinds with the userchrome.css and usercontent.css that comes in the pm2k guikit by pe8ter

what i do to the browser.css? : comment the code of the big compact menu button, add the code for stop/reload extension, add the code for the go button. I just forgot: the spacer must be resized in the .jar theme in global/toolbar.css in the toolbarspacer command

thses steps are great, but quick question, I just need to know where to get the Safari FX lastest version, the one that posted in this thread only came with a css file and a version of buttons and a dimple,,,,,, What now...

I FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE TITLE FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX TO SAFARI

WARNING: BACKUP YOUR FIREFOX FOLDER, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU SCREW IT UP!!!

First of all, you will need a hex editor, if you don't have one, google the HHD HEX EDITOR, it's pretty decent

I went through all of the files in the FirefoxChrome folder, as well as the Firefoxcomponents folder and searched "Mozilla Firefox", any occurence except ones where it appears to be in a path (i.e. DirnameMozilla firefox) don't change those!!!

Change all others to Safari, DO NOT DELETE THE EXCESS LETTERS, INSTEAD REPLACE THEM WITH SPACES, IF YOU DELETE THEM YOU WILL CORRUPT THE FILES

I actually am not sure which file exactly made the change, I got frustrated and started changing as many as I could and when I gave up I discovered that it actually changed.

I do know that it was a file in either the Firefox root folder, or the Chrome and Components folder

when someone figures it out, please post which file it was so everyone else can do it, maybe even post a link to a modded file

STILL LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION FOR THE TYPING THING. IT"S SO ANNOYING THAT I HAVE TO MAXIMIZE/RESTORE BEFORE I CAN TYPE A WEB ADDRESS, IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE POST HERE!!

i have a little workaround to get it working wit 1.03 :

1. like myhubris said extract the browser.css, browser.js, and the browser.xul from the new version of browser.jar (1.03) and install them into the old one from the Safari FX relaease

2. once intalled the theme, go to the profilefolderextensions{EEA9397A-2EFC-43f7-91C4-3603DDE57280}chrome open the .jar theme in winrar, go to the browser folder and drag there the files of the attached the zip

3. install this compact menu

4. install stop/reload extension

hopefully it will look like this (except the fonts)

note: the empty spaces are resized to 3px so you can put an empty space before back button

This fix made me lose the ability to resize the address/google bars.

I was just using caps because I wanted to strongly emphasize what not to do. The last thing I want is someone screwing up their computer because they overlooked something simple. I even do that myself believe it or not, and I have paid the price many many times

You can also use Titlebar Tweaks to change the titlebar text.

Also, if you want the stop/reload extension to work on a theme add this:

.stopreload-reload,

.stopreload-reload:hover {

margin-right: -8px !important;

margin-left: 8px !important;

list-style-image: url('chrome://browser/skin/reload.png') !important;

-moz-image-region: rect(0px 34px 26px 0px) !important;

}

.stopreload-reload:hover:active {

-moz-image-region: rect(0px 88px 26px 54px) !important;

}

.stopreload-stop,

.stopreload-stop:hover {

list-style-image: url('chrome://browser/skin/stop-large.png') !important;

}

.stopreload-stop:hover:active {

-moz-image-region: rect(0px 157px 26px 123px) !important;

}

toolbar[iconsize=small] .stopreload-reload,

toolbar[iconsize=small] .stopreload-reload:hover {

list-style-image: url('chrome://browser/skin/reload.png') !important;

-moz-image-region: rect(26px 34px 52px 0px) !important;

}

toolbar[iconsize=small] .stopreload-reload:hover:active {

-moz-image-region: rect(26px 88px 52px 54px) !important;

}

toolbar[iconsize=small] .stopreload-stop,

toolbar[iconsize=small] .stopreload-stop:hover {

list-style-image: url('chrome://browser/skin/stop-small.png') !important;

}

toolbar[iconsize=small] .stopreload-stop:hover:active {

-moz-image-region: rect(0px 157px 26px 123px) !important;

}

to your browser.css in the theme.

Personally, I don't think that this theme works better than hills' safari.

And, does anyone have a working fusion for 1.03?