AutoMounter Fix (AveDesk 1.2)

AndreasV

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay. after much trial and error, here's where i'm at: i was finally able to get this working by removing all old beta's, as you suggested (but i honestly don't believe that that's the problem). but there was more to it. the new automounter.aveinst starts a new instance of ad. so i had to add the tool (double-clicking) with ad not loaded and let the automounter's addition start ad. if i add the automounter while ad is already running i get 2 instances in taskmanager (i can also see my semi-transparent icons get darker, cuz there's 2 of them). the first loaded instance is around 628k and second one starts at about 9000k for about 10 seconds then goes down to about 700k. but neither on will have automounter.

so, to summarize: the only way for me to get automounter to work is to double-click the aveinst while ad is NOT running.

i really appreciate all your hard work on this, and i hope this info is helpful.

edit: i take it all back. i can't get to work at all now. i have no idea what's up. i think i'll start from scratch.

edit again: ah ha!! it's got to do with my themes. one of them (my old one that i didn't delete) works, and one of them (the new one created with this install) doesn't. okay, i'm cool now.

i think this is also related to the automounter (am). when i insert my usb thumbdrive, i get this:

usb.jpg

so here's how it goes: i insert the thumbdrive, the xp 'what do you want to do?' dialog pops up, the drive mounts on the desktop, my systray disappears, and i get this dialog repeatedly, one on top of the other, until i remove the thumbdrive. this does not happen if i stop ad before inserting said thumbdrive.

so here's how it goes: i insert the thumbdrive, the xp 'what do you want to do?' dialog pops up, the drive mounts on the desktop, my systray disappears, and i get this dialog repeatedly, one on top of the other, until i remove the thumbdrive. this does not happen if i stop ad before inserting said thumbdrive.

Sounds much like a buggy thumbdrive driver :/

Hi

It works great on my computer :D , but I have a little problem. When ever I start Maya, I get a refresh problem. It´s as if avedesk makes a white area through the window of Maya. I ´m too happy about this :( that I have to turn off avedesk to use Maya. Is it possible to do something about this? Thank you

Hi

It works great on my computer :D , but I have a little problem. When ever I start Maya, I get a refresh problem. It´s as if avedesk makes a white area through the window of Maya. I ´m too happy about this :( that I have to turn off avedesk to use Maya. Is it possible to do something about this? Thank you

Update your videocard-drivers.

why my autoMounter just remember the first Icon I modified for the drivers but others remaind the same old ones everytime I restart the ave or unplug and plug in the removable HDD?

and another thing is when opening avedesk1.2 with autoMounter I just can't safely remove my removable HDD from the systray icon.

I just redownload and reload the dll ,and it's seems OK now thanks for the greate job

I have a problem with automounting my MP3 Stick. It connects via USB and the first time it showed up correctly on the desktop until I specified in the Desklet preferences to open the folder "G:AUDIOSMUSIC" which would usually directly link to the folder containing my MP3s on the stick.

Since then the Desklet doesn't show up on the Desktop anymore. I can see a Pidlshortcut appearing in the Desklet control panel, but it disappears right after 2 seconds again without having a chance to get into the preferences of that Desklet.

Unfortunately I couldn't find another way to remove these settings. Can you help ?

Thanks in advance,

bM3w

P.S.: rather than that I really love AveDesk 1.2 !

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a a question that is part automount, part desktop icon related. It's not a bug or something wrong, but was curious...

On my real OS X system, everytime I mount a drive, cd, or file server, the icon for that mounted drive appears in the next available space on the desktop.

Where as with my AveDesk 1.2 setup, it mounts and unmounts perfectly, but only reappears in the last known position.

So my question is... Is there anyway to write a script that makes all unmounted icons, look for the next space on the grid available? Or is that physically impossible with this application?

Thanks for reading!

• 1 month later...
Hmm works fine i just can´t "Safely remove" my Harddrive. Does that work for you guys ?

I have that problem with USB connected hard drives....I have to shut down Avedesk before Windows will late me "safely remove the hardware"...Windows is seeing Ave as using the drive somehow...but for USB flash drives it works fine....weird

I'm sure it depends on sublabel... If sublabel show total/free/disk label/or anything else from USB HD - Windows will think its used by Ave and didn't let you "safely remove" disk...

And i don't think Ave can fix it... But if can - it will be very good ;)