iPod replacement problem...

My story goes something like this:

Around 1 year ago I bought my iPod from apple.com… it was bought from Washington DC and used in Serbia, Belgrade where I live… 6 months later it died… ok not completely, but FireWire doesn’t work anymore… it only charges and there is no way to make any computer recognize my iPod as hard drive… so I am stuck with existing songs on it with no possibility to erase them or add new ones… the only way to get it fixed is to send it via mail to apple and hope… this is where the things get complicated… I sent it to my “friend” in DC and told him the whole story… he went to apple store and they told him that it has engraving and that they can’t replace it… so he has to send a mail or call apple.com directly… so he did… and after a few tries he never got the package in which he is supposed to put iPod in and send it to them for repairs… first the address was not complete (it was missing apartment number and the shipping went to my name and I don’t live in that building) … and then he called again and again… the current state is that they have the exact address and his name and they told him that it will arrive in a few days… after many months of waiting I’m thinking that my contact in DC trying to trick me… first question: is there any shipping fee for iPod repairs? My friend told me that he had to pay ~30$ via credit card…. Of course I sent him the money… second: everybody is saying how apple support is first class… how can this replacement thing last this long? How may days does shipping of that package last (from apple to my friends house)? The only good thing about this whole nightmare is that he sent the request before the warranty expired and they told him that this replacement is still on since the shipping problems and so on, are not the reason to deny repairs to customers… Will I ever get my fixed/replaced iPod? Did any one have a similar experience? Will someone by me a new iPod? :D

post-4392-1108303591_thumb.jpg

I can tell you that the fact that the Apple Store said that they cannot do it because of the engraving is true, That's the bad part of the engraving.

A few months from what was supposed to take a couple of days is outrageous. There *must be something wrong. Did you call Apple to see if it successfully reached the place? I am pretty sure they would ship with some type of delivery confirmation.

* - Going out on a limb. Don't quote me on that.

... the current state is that they have the exact address and his name and they told him that it will arrive in a few days …

No, iPod is still with my friend in DC… no empty box ever arrived to him because the addresses mixed up… I’m just waiting (as I was doing for the past 6 months or so)… the question is how long should I wait? they said that it would come Monday 14th Feb… I’ll see if this time they actually do it… What about the 30$ shipping costs? is that true? I’ve read a few times that people got their hardware replaced without having to pay for shipping costs…

wtf is going on? why is that f*cker lying to me? I'm so pissed right now... I just can't believe that he would lie to me for stupid $30… I feel like I’m goin’ to implode… or hit my god damn monitor… I’ll just wait for 10 hours or so and then I’ll call him to see if apple sent the god damn box… thanks 4 info Ludge

wtf is going on? why is that f*cker lying to me? I'm so pissed right now... I just can't believe that he would lie to me for stupid $30… I feel like I’m goin’ to implode… or hit my god damn monitor… I’ll just wait for 10 hours or so and then I’ll call him to see if apple sent the god damn box… thanks 4 info Ludge

rekao sam ti ;)

nemoj da se nervirash, samo ga kidnapuj sledeci put kad dodje u povadi mu organe.

aj idemo sutra i bioskop :P

Sorry guys but this is one of my best mates and i just told him to chill a bit.

the guy who was pulling his leg is an ass :P