Your perfect computer

How 'bout a XServe, a PowermacG5 (running server),

and iMacs, eMacs and Mini Macs all hooked up throughout your house.

Sometimes I wish my school would get some macs as the computers, and an Xserve, and the computers run powerschool... they just don't get it. they are obsessed with windows 2000, refuse to upgrade to xp, (and the PCs they have came with it, they downgraded!) there is no single mac in the school.

My Perfect PC:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55

nForce4 SLI Mobo

Dual PCI Express GeForce 6800 Ultras

2 Dual Layer DVD Burners

PC Power and Cooling Turbo Deluxe 850 PSU

4 250GB SATA HDDs

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum

2GB of RAM

And a gigantic 200 liter bottle of coke, enough to last me 2-3 hours.

How 'bout a XServe, a PowermacG5 (running server),

and iMacs, eMacs and Mini Macs all hooked up throughout your house.

Sometimes I wish my school would get some macs as the computers, and an Xserve, and the computers run powerschool... they just don't get it. they are obsessed with windows 2000, refuse to upgrade to xp, (and the PCs they have came with it, they downgraded!) there is no single mac in the school.

lol my school is like that too except a lot of the computers that came with 98 they put 95 on and most of the computers have 98 but all the computers with xp they put 2k on... i brought in an ubuntu live cd once and they told me only cds bought through the school are allowed to be put on the computers which is funny since i just ordered 20 ubuntu cds for free...

Only 2GB RAM Inuyasha? Those SLi boards can hold up to 4GB of RAM, and once 64 bit processors become useful you could go much higher.

My perfect computer is the one I will finish building by May.

Asus nForce 4 SLi Mobo (Socket 939)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

1GB Corsair RAM

XfX GeForce 6600 GT (with modded cooling system to shut the b......d up)

17" Philips CRT Display

and a bunch of other not so impressive random stuff.

When I can afford it I may go for a second GeForce but I may need a bigger HD before hand (2 HD's totalling 38Gb at the mo)

Theres no need at the moment to go beyond 2GB of RAM for what I would like to use the system for. Really, its too early in the new year to determinemy perfect pc. AMD and Intel both are releasing new processors. Intels releasing a 64-bit Dual Core processor this year I think.

• 1 year later...

Beowulf Final

512x AMD Athlon64 FX57

4TiB RAM

15TiB 20x 16000RPM Hard Drive RAID

Projector Array with a total resolution of 15360x9600 (147.4 Megapixels) (2 times that of 7680x4800, a.k.a. WHUXGA)

As many of NVIDIA's Quadro FX 5500 video cards needed to obtain that resolution

OC-768 Internet (40 Gigabits per second)

Nice 1970s style stereo speakers.

IBM Model M

Logitech MX 1000 Wireless Mouse with a backup Optical PS/2 mouse for when I forgot to charge the batteries.

Wacom's Cintiq 21UX

Mine is outlandish by most standards, but I when I want the bleeding edge of technology, I will get it. Besides, If I had enough money to make a monster like this, I'd be able to bribe the developers into making drivers and hardware just for me. :)

I also imagine those specs are tad bit impossible, so I will do some research and post a more realistic system.

top of the line intel iMac G5 core duo with all the extras;

* RAM- 2Gb DDR SDRAM

* Hard Drive- 500 GB (sata- 7,200rpm)

* Graphics Card- ATI Radeon X1600 with 256 MB SDRAM

* Keyboard and mightymouse (why wont apple make a wireless mighty mouse???)

* OSX and the iApps.

* Frontrow

* +'Apple care' seeing as thiers no budget :P

AND THE ONE THING THAT MAKES IT PERFECTION; Boot Camp... for those awesome games only i assure you. (I hate windows xp itself).

But for now im just getting a Macbook Pro the higer model with all things standard. It suits my needs and budget best as a student ... but imac is the ultimate perfect desktop for me.

(I love dreaming threads...)

Do you people get bored and start digging up old threads? Sheesh!

Well yes, of course we do. Why do you think we go onto AquaSoft? to see you hairy big guy? (i really have no idea what you look like :) )

Aw, I want that computer Levi.. :)

I hate dreamy threads, it's just like pr0n.. you're never going to get it.

Umm well actually no, you can get it, you just cant have both.... the thing is you have to make the choice between hot babes or cool machines :P

Or is a cool machine really just a lure for hot babes? ... hmmm food for thought :P just kidding... im getting a macbook pro and going out with someone i think shes beautiful... and i have no intentions of getting "it" , she has a nice personality and i'd live for that alone.

O-K i'll shutup now. Sorry Unbe, im sure you're actually really 'cute' or something and that you get all the cool machines and babes.

a perfect compuer??. ...... *** ROFL ***......

seriously....

Apple just unleashed their latest puppy.. 17" MacBook Pro !!

hhmmm... I think I can live with that. It should take care of most of my stuff !! ;)