[release] Sinapse v0.1

siwu

Okay I would suggest you to copy Siwu_test1.xml into another file.

Then open this file and search for this:

That's it :) you won't execute the blending effect on the other windows :)

Okay, that seems to have fixed the problem of all windows going invisible, but now they are just big black squares instead of window captures. Any ideas? Thanks for the help siwu.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, this is depressing...it won't work, but it did earlier. When it did work, Yz wasn't getting excluded, and the animations were a bit jumpy. This may be general computer slowness- I've been experiencing it lately.

Now, however, it's not working at all. Info:

System information:

-------------------

Machine Name: None of your business :P

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0 Service Pack 1

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

Model: Latitude D600

System Type: X86-based PC

Total RAM: 511MB

Processors Count: 1

-Intel® Pentium® M processor 1600MHz at 370Mhz

Bios: DELL - 27d3051d

Current Date/Time: National security, classified.

TimeZone: Nope, not your business either :P

Graphic information:

--------------------

Device: 0

Name: MOBILITY RADEON 9000

GDI Name: .DISPLAY1

Display Mode: 1400x1050 at 60Hz X8R8G8B8

ID: 4c66

Revision: 1

SubSystem ID: 11d1028

Vendor ID: 1002

WHQL Level: 0

GUID: d7b71ee2-0f26-11cf-d46a-1721a0c2cb35

Driver: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.10.6476

MultiSample Types: None, NonMaskable,

Max Texture Size: 2048x2048

Max MultiTexturing: 6

Non ^2 Textures: True

Assembly information:

---------------------

Application Domain: Sinapse.exe

Application Path: Look, do we really need to go over this again?

Application Codebase: If I don't tell you the App path, am I likely to tell you the Codebase? :P

Assembly Full Name: Sinapse, Version=1.0.1832.23750, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Assembly Version: 1.0.1832.23750

Exception information:

----------------------

Exception Type: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.OutOfVideoMemoryException

Exception Source: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D

Exception Message: Error in the application.

Exception Target Site: .ctor

Stack Trace information:

------------------------

Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseWindow.InitializeDirect3D

Sinapse.Core.SinapseWindow.InitWindow

Sinapse.Core.SinapseWindow..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore.CreateSinapseWindows

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore.GetInstance

Sinapse.SinapseMain.Main

This looks like it has great potential, and Expire was also great!

-NC

Exception Type: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.OutOfVideoMemoryException

Hummm, it's weird because Direct3D told that you haven't any video memory left, but at initialization, really weird. Try to delete the SinapseConfig.xml file and run sinapse again.

@bolero: did you really click the save button ? i know it's a stupid question but still, if you close the dialog, the settings you entered will be discarded :)

Yes swiu i did lol. Did a couple of tests. Clicked save. Closed the program reopend it and the settings are reverted to default

-bolero

WOW. this is fantastic!

My only two gripes are:

1) like most other people complaining, i'm having Y'z dock show up on there.

2) I'm tempted to not use this program only because it uses a crapload of system resources (~32 mb to be exact. is there any possiblity that resource usage will lessen in upcoming releases?

thanks a lot for an otherwise stellar app!

got this FATAL ERROR.

System information:

-------------------

Machine Name: VALUED-20606295

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0 Service Pack 2

Manufacturer: Sony Corporation

Model: PCV-RX755(UC)

System Type: X86-based PC

Total RAM: 1023MB

Processors Count: 1

-Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz at 2018Mhz

Bios: ASUS - 42302e31

Current Date/Time: 1/9/2005 2:56:11 PM

TimeZone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Graphic information:

--------------------

Device: 0

Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600

GDI Name: .DISPLAY1

Display Mode: 1280x960 at 60Hz X8R8G8B8

ID: 312

Revision: 161

SubSystem ID: 0

Vendor ID: 10de

WHQL Level: 0

GUID: d7b71e3e-4052-11cf-917b-0a2000c2cb35

Driver: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.10.6177

MultiSample Types: None, NonMaskable, TwoSamples, FourSamples,

Max Texture Size: 4096x4096

Max MultiTexturing: 8

Non ^2 Textures: True

Assembly information:

---------------------

Application Domain: Sinapse.exe

Application Path: C:Documents and SettingsDennisDesktopSinapse_v0.1

Application Codebase: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Dennis/Desktop/Sinapse_v0.1/Sinapse.exe

Assembly Full Name: Sinapse, Version=1.0.1832.23750, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Assembly Version: 1.0.1832.23750

Exception information:

----------------------

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

Exception Source: System.Drawing

Exception Message: Cannot find font 'Monotype Corsiva'.

Exception Target Site: CreateFontFamily

Stack Trace information:

------------------------

System.Drawing.FontFamily.CreateFontFamily

System.Drawing.FontFamily..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore.GetInstance

Sinapse.SinapseMain.Main

So far i really like it. :cool:d

I've notice a weird thing. It might be because I don't know what I'm, doing, or its a bug. When I try and adjust the corner sizes for the right size, every time I deselect the corner it goes down by 1% the left does this two, but only after selling it once.

Also, when I ran it first it was on my desktop (mainly because I had no idea if I would keep it) so when I saw that this was cool and i wanted to use it, i moved the folder and the program stopped running. It was looking for a resource that it could not find at the previous location. Why isn't the location "/scripts/Siwu_test1.xml" instead of "C:location of folder on first run/scripts/Siwu_test1.xml" Not really a major problem, but it is a bug.

EDIT i just found about the 3dness. Cool!! Oh, maybe this would be neat, not useful, but neat. How about on the right click you control the rotation, so that when you move the mouse the window moves, on release it goes back to normal. It would look cool and be fun to mess around with, but I can't see any practical application to it.

I´ve installed in home and... woa! 0.1 and already usable!!!

Smooth animations, just amazing and beatifull... i agree that interface should be improved a little, but it´s amazing anyway. Sadly, here in my job didn´t worked (the computer is almost the same as home, only for the video, that is a GeForce 4 MX 4000 here). Got a Crash windows... but nothing comes up when i click "HERE".

Been playing around with Sinapse on different computers...sadly on my laptop (1920x1200 resolution, GeForce4 4200 Go), Sinapse really lags too much to be used regularly. On my bf's however (1024x768, GeForce 5200), Sinapse is as smooth as butter. Really really usable. I tested and the vast majority of the difference seems to be attributable to the large resolution difference. When I lower my res to 1024, Sinapse runs smoothly.

Is there any way you can improve something so that Sinapse doesn't suffer as dramatically from increased resolutions? (I know obviously it won't be 100% as fast).

Been playing around with Sinapse on different computers...sadly on my laptop (1920x1200 resolution, GeForce4 4200 Go), Sinapse really lags too much to be used regularly. On my bf's however (1024x768, GeForce 5200), Sinapse is as smooth as butter. Really really usable. I tested and the vast majority of the difference seems to be attributable to the large resolution difference. When I lower my res to 1024, Sinapse runs smoothly.

Is there any way you can improve something so that Sinapse doesn't suffer as dramatically from increased resolutions? (I know obviously it won't be 100% as fast).

In fact, there is a way to do this, but the graphics won't be as sharp as in the native resolution. The technique is to create let's say a 1024x768 device, and then extend it to 1920x1200. I'll have to look into it though... :)

Actually, most of my problems seem to be resolution-related as well. My laptop is at 1400x1050, but when I decreased it to 1024x768 or even 1280x1024, Sinapse was MUCH smoother. I never knew some of the sliding/rotating animations were even there because I had been using it at 1400x1050.

Unfortunately, as much as I love Sinapse, I am not willing to change my resolution just for this one program. I hope that in one of the future versions of Sinapse you find a way to make it compatible with all resolutions, as I really, really love the program.