[release] Sinapse v0.1

siwu

No i'm not dead :)

Yes, expire is dead, but hey, here is the new beast !

Okay here is the first release of my new application, Sinapse.

What is sinapse ? Well, here's the readme:

Sinapse is a new expose clone, made in C# and C++, for the .Net Framework 2.0 and

for Windows XP and newer ONLY.

Here are the features:

- Scriptable using C# scripts (tutorial soon)

- Switchable Organizers

- Full key configuration

- Configurable corners (action, delay, and region)

- Exclusion possibilities (with drag and drop on window)

- Drag and drop aware (drag a file in sinapse, move to the window, wait, and drop in the window)

- Custom crash window, with report

- System informations dump

- Support for Single Pass multitexturing cards as well as MultiPass multitexturing cards

- Multi monitor support !

YES it uses the .NET Framework 2.0 BETA, I know, but hey, this thingie brings such great features :)

YOU NEED THE .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0, DOWNLOAD here :)

Sinapse_v0.1.zip (387kb)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i'm not dead :)

Yes, expire is dead, but hey, here is the new beast !

Okay here is the first release of my new application, Sinapse.

Wellcome to us Siwu.

Your new beast rocks. Is the best Expose clone as I have seen. It can that some "professional" apps (e.g. Entbloess) couldn't. It can works well with Kapsules and Konfabulator.

Thanks siwu

I recieved this error when attempting to run Sinapse

System information:

-------------------

Machine Name: DISTORTI-M85QRM

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0 Service Pack 2

Manufacturer: GBT___

Model: AWRDACPI

System Type: X86-based PC

Total RAM: 1023MB

Processors Count: 1

-Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 1.80GHz at 1804Mhz

Bios: GBT - 42302e31

Current Date/Time: 1/6/2005 10:22:34 AM

TimeZone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Graphic information:

--------------------

Device: 0

Name: RADEON 9700 PRO

GDI Name: .DISPLAY1

Display Mode: 1280x1024 at 60Hz X8R8G8B8

ID: 4e44

Revision: 0

SubSystem ID: 21002

Vendor ID: 1002

WHQL Level: 0

GUID: d7b71ee2-0d04-11cf-d36a-0820a1c2cb35

Driver: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.10.6497

MultiSample Types: None, NonMaskable, TwoSamples, FourSamples, SixSamples,

Max Texture Size: 2048x2048

Max MultiTexturing: 8

Non ^2 Textures: True

Assembly information:

---------------------

Application Domain: Sinapse.exe

Application Path: C:Documents and SettingsDraxis WolfeDesktopSinapse_v0.1

Application Codebase: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Draxis Wolfe/Desktop/Sinapse_v0.1/Sinapse.exe

Assembly Full Name: Sinapse, Version=1.0.1832.23750, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Assembly Version: 1.0.1832.23750

Exception information:

----------------------

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

Exception Source: System.Drawing

Exception Message: Cannot find font 'Monotype Corsiva'.

Exception Target Site: CreateFontFamily

Stack Trace information:

------------------------

System.Drawing.FontFamily.CreateFontFamily

System.Drawing.FontFamily..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore..ctor

Sinapse.Core.SinapseCore.GetInstance

Sinapse.SinapseMain.Main

Apparently it's looking for some font named Monotype Corsiva, which I don't have. When I attempted to find it online, I found that it's a licensed font that you have to pay $22 for =P

Edit: Nevermind. I managed to find where to download it http://fonts.goldenweb.it/index_file/l/it/.../m/default.html

Welcome back!

This is great stuff! Been waiting for a nice FREE exposé clone! Although...

I feel a little hesitant to download framework 2 beta off microsoft... microsoft is known to be buggy so a framework beta... I dunno... do you have to uninstall the framework 2 beta when the framework 2 final is published? or will it be able to just update it? see I don't wanna put too much of this trash on my computer...

i take offence to that stevie

And so you may.

My comment, however, was directed at Siwu. He and I have a long-standing friendly banter (we are, after all, close friends) whereby I berate him for being French and he, me for being British.

If you took offence at my obviously tongue-in-cheek remarks, then I'm sorry to you but, if you spoke to any of my friends and associates from Aqua-Soft, you'd find that I am possibly the most accepting person (when it comes to nationality/race/whatever) you could hope to find - I have friends who come from (and live in) most corners of the globe, and of most religions and nationalities.

Siwu, Sinapse v0.1 is possibly your finest work (that I've seen) to date.

The only criticism I have is that the config interface needs some work from someone who knows how to do UI design :P

And I really do mean that that's the only thing I can find wrong with it.

It's already a startup item on my system. I like it that much.

Welcome back!

This is great stuff! Been waiting for a nice FREE exposé clone! Although...

I feel a little hesitant to download framework 2 beta off microsoft... microsoft is known to be buggy so a framework beta... I dunno... do you have to uninstall the framework 2 beta when the framework 2 final is published? or will it be able to just update it? see I don't wanna put too much of this trash on my computer...

Okay first, you shouldn't worry about installing beta software from microsoft, I mean, they have the most useable beta software :)

Also, I've been developping this software for two months now, on a BETA IDE (Visual Studio 2005) and on a BETA Framework. And so far, i've seen ONLY ONE bug in it, and it's related to the context menu. And it's not that bad.

Also, yes i'm sure you will be able to update the beta.

I know how you feel, i've been there :), but hey, .NET is really a GREAT and HUGE thing, so go ahead :)

Okay first, you shouldn't worry about installing beta software from microsoft, I mean, they have the most useable beta software :)

Also, I've been developping this software for two months now, on a BETA IDE (Visual Studio 2005) and on a BETA Framework. And so far, i've seen ONLY ONE bug in it, and it's related to the context menu. And it's not that bad.

Also, yes i'm sure you will be able to update the beta.

I know how you feel, i've been there :), but hey, .NET is really a GREAT and HUGE thing, so go ahead :)

Well it's really just a lot of new and confusing stuff that is happening. Not long ago I installed .NET Framework 1.1. And at that time I was a little hesitant to install it.

I questioned myself: why do I need to install this to just "run" programs? I've never had any problems running programs before all this .NET (dont take me wrong) "jibberish". Now of a sudden I have to install some extra stuff just to be able to run a program.

Well that's what got me to think. I haven't looked too much into this although. But I'm always hesitant to install additional software when I feel it's not needed. I'm very picky about things I install. A bit paranoid almost. But I'm struggling to have a clean OS not bloated with lots of unnecessary programs.

But if .NET is the train to catch I'm not gonna be late to jump on it.

I'm just wondering if it's so great why isn't it bundled with XP PRO SP2? Maybe it will be bundled with Longhorn.

Oh well I'll give it a try and if my computer dies I'll blame you and you'll never be able to live with that on your conscious ;)

Alright.

Well I Installed the .NET framework 2.0 beta and ran siwu's app. But it seems like nothing is working. The program is ran. And I can access it in the system tray and configure and all this. But it just won't do anything if I press FP, F10 or F11.

Did I have to install .NET framework 1.1 before I installed 2.0? The 2.0 didn't complain or anything when I installed it though.

HOLY SHI1T!

just installed NET framewrk 2 and ran Sinapse and holy crap it's crazy!

OMG animations are so smooth and the fading and... OHhhhhhhhhh...

first i was like...:o.. then i was like..:D... then now... :cool:

siwi, amazing job in this!!!

siwu ... thanks for this fantastic release!

i've only toyed around with it for a bit but it looks pretty good ... my only major problem with it is that when i expose the windows and then move my mouse onto one of them, they all go invisible and flicker a bit ... i don't know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.

also, the animations look great but sometimes aren't very smooth on my computer.

regardless, this is a fantastic app ... thank you for your hard work!

System information:

-------------------

Machine Name: KMCCORMI

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0 Service Pack 1

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

Model: Latitude D600

System Type: X86-based PC

Total RAM: 511MB

Processors Count: 1

-Intel® Pentium® M processor 1600MHz at 589Mhz

Bios: DELL - 27d3051d

Current Date/Time: 1/6/2005 11:49:07 PM

TimeZone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Graphic information:

--------------------

Device: 0

Name: MOBILITY RADEON 9000

GDI Name: .DISPLAY1

Display Mode: 1400x1050 at 60Hz X8R8G8B8

ID: 4c66

Revision: 1

SubSystem ID: 11d1028

Vendor ID: 1002

WHQL Level: 0

GUID: d7b71ee2-0f26-11cf-1f6b-1721a3c2cb35

Driver: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.13.10.6279

MultiSample Types: None,

Max Texture Size: 2048x2048

Max MultiTexturing: 6

Non ^2 Textures: True

EDIT: i was running Y'z shadow and so i quit it and tested synapse again ... the animations were VERY smooth, but i still get the problem of all the windows going completely blank when i move my mouse over any single window.

siwu ... thanks for this fantastic release!

i've only toyed around with it for a bit but it looks pretty good ... my only major problem with it is that when i expose the windows and then move my mouse onto one of them, they all go invisible and flicker a bit ... i don't know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.

also, the animations look great but sometimes aren't very smooth on my computer.

regardless, this is a fantastic app ... thank you for your hard work!

EDIT: i was running Y'z shadow and so i quit it and tested synapse again ... the animations were VERY smooth, but i still get the problem of all the windows going completely blank when i move my mouse over any single window.

Okay I would suggest you to copy Siwu_test1.xml into another file.

Then open this file and search for this:

public override void OnMouseEnter(ISinapse Sinapse, IWindow3D Window)
{
Sinapse.Effects +=
Effect.Queue
(
new TextWriter(Window, new CosinusInterpolator(1, 0), Window.Text)
);

foreach (IWindow3D window in Sinapse.Windows)
{
if (window != Window)
{
Sinapse.Effects +=
Effect.Queue
(
new Blend(window, new CosinusInterpolator(300, 0), 100)
);
}
}
}

And remove this:

{
if (window != Window)
{
Sinapse.Effects +=
Effect.Queue
(
new Blend(window, new CosinusInterpolator(300, 0), 100)
);
}
}

And same thing in:

public override void OnMouseLeave(ISinapse Sinapse, IWindow3D Window)
{
Sinapse.Effects +=
Effect.Queue
(
new TextWriter(Window, new CosinusInterpolator(1, 0), "")
);

{
if (window != Window)
{
Sinapse.Effects +=
Effect.Queue
(
new Blend(window, new CosinusInterpolator(300, 0), 255)
);
}
}
}

That's it :) you won't execute the blending effect on the other windows :)

Sinapse is a *great* improvement in usability and speed over your previous attempts, siwu. Congrats! One problem, I can't seem to exclude Rainlendar. I drag over the Rainlendar window on my desktop and everything registers fine in Sinapse, but even after saving and applying, Rainlendar still gets affected.