[Release] Bz Panther/Tiger Update now w/ Brushed

Hi Bz,

First of all, let me say thank you times infinity plus one!

Second, I installed the panther/tiger update (previously alternating between Tiger 4 & 3.5), and as always, you're the master. But I am increasingly annoyed by the Safari & Looca skins - they work fine with Tiger 3.5, but with 4, including this version, they do not automatically stretch, producing the unsightly result you can see in the attached screenie (top window-Looca, bottom- SafariFox).

Is there any work-around or solution :confused: ? I'm using WB 4.4.

Otherwise, keep up the amazing work, we really do appreciate it.

Moory :)

Hi, Im not sure what you mean they worked fine with tiger 3.5 becuase 3.5 did not have brushed substlyes they are new to this version. Sorry you are becoming increasingly annoyed with my skin. It seems to be a bug with wb because sometimes they borders stretch properly and sometimes they do not. I will try to find a work around but I am pretty sure it is a bug.

For those of you who are not getting the substyles, make sure you delete your old panther skin and folder in c:program filesstardockobjectdesktopwindowblinds becuase sometimes wb doesnt recognize that there is an update if the skin has the same name (which it does)

@tom lapp... first you need to extract the CPL folder included in the zip to c:program filesstardock

then use per aplication settings in windowblinds and set rundll32.exe to use the prefs subskin.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Sorry,

I should have clarified - I was using the previous Safari Brushed skin you had made for Firefox. What I meant to say that this (and the Panther Looca skin) worked fine when used in conjuction with the 3.5 versions of Tiger/Panther etc., as did the original Safari per-app skin by Aquarius, but they always exhibited the glitch with the version 4 releases. This is why I would alternate between 3.5 & 4 - so that I can maintain the Tiger look and the Safari skin on FFox.

I was really hoping that the new brushed substyles you bundled here would have eliminated this, but sadly the problem reared its ugly head again.

Please don't mind my clumsy language, I LOVE YOU, man! I didn't mean to sound ungrateful with the 'increasingly annoyed' bit. :)

Moory

I have one question, how do I get the preferences skin to work, does it work with the Windows control panel? I'm sure it's set up as some kind of per application setting, i'm just not sure. I have the latest version of WindowBlinds (4.4) and am running Windows XP Home SP2.

Other than that, skins looks great and I love the toolbar buttons in explorer

You should have a look at Bz's previous releases, he has clearly explained how to get preferences skin working. Just browse around this forum you'll find your answer.

Hi bzeitler,

Thanks a lot for the great job.

I did this "first you need to extract the CPL folder included in the zip to c:program filesstardock

then use per aplication settings in windowblinds and set rundll32.exe to use the prefs subskin." but nothing changed. Do I need to have WB installed in C: for this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Kajouma

What did not change? You do not need to have wb installed in C: doesnt matter where its instaled as long as you extract that cpl folder to C:program filesstardock

did you get rundll32.exe set to the prefs subskin? For example your display properties window shoud know have the buttons on the top like Show all Displays etc...

What did not change? You do not need to have wb installed in C: doesnt matter where its instaled as long as you extract that cpl folder to C:program filesstardock

did you get rundll32.exe set to the prefs subskin? For example your display properties window shoud know have the buttons on the top like Show all Displays etc...

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. It has worked! I had never thought I'd get such a quick response; this is why I edited my message when I figured out what I was doing wrong (and not doing).

Thanks a million!

actually that skin has the same bug that mine does. I am quite certain that it is a problem with per application skinning in wb 4.4

*edit*

the weird thing is that my other skins that have a similar gradient effect dont seem to bug with firefox. Illl keep looking into the problem..

@kajouma

About the menu problem.. I have no idea how you are getting that bug. There are not any mouseover states specified for the log off buttons so they should just stay static. Very strange...

are you sure you are using wb 4.4?

YellowCows: You might want to consider switching Firefox skins. If you follow the link in my sig and then go to more, there is a very nice Default Safari skin. There is also a link to the WB theme needed to make it flawless.

Thanks, gnome,

But, as BZ has said, the problem goes beyond the SafariFox theme. In any case, I am already using the latest Safari default (the very same one you mention), and prior to the brushed substyle in BZ's latest, I was also using the one he had posted previously.

I do think it's something to do with WB's own handling of these skins, but I also have a suspicion that it's something particular to these version 4 styles, which were desgined specifically for WB4.4 - because this problem does not show up when using the per-app's with earlier versions, or with other Panther/Tiger styles (such as Danimator's or Kol's etc.), all of which were designed for WB4.3 or earlier..

Moory

this is an awesome theme package, if not the best out there. but there are a couple things that are annoying me...

the safari skin

1.there is no roll up button on the real safari

safarirss_20040628.gif

2. already stated, there is the title bar stretch problem in safari skin.

3. the inactive glyphs for the safari and finder skin are not correct and

the mouse over of the inactive are not right either

2.bmp and untitled.bmp

this is not an insult or a flame, this is help for an amazing skin to be made even better. thank you for your time.

@bzeitler: ur doin´great job out there-u know i love it-just dropped by at some friends and persuades them to use wb and ov course ur skins and guess what:

they fell in love with it , quoting "we stupid notz knowing this before......"

haha

ps: was anyone able to get the search bar bring to function???

• 2 months later...
Hi Bz,

First of all, let me say thank you times infinity plus one!

Second, I installed the panther/tiger update (previously alternating between Tiger 4 & 3.5), and as always, you're the master. But I am increasingly annoyed by the Safari & Looca skins - they work fine with Tiger 3.5, but with 4, including this version, they do not automatically stretch, producing the unsightly result you can see in the attached screenie (top window-Looca, bottom- SafariFox).

Is there any work-around or solution :confused: ? I'm using WB 4.4.

Otherwise, keep up the amazing work, we really do appreciate it.

Moory :)

So is there any fix for this bug by now? :) I'm getting the same glitch whenever using the brushed style as a per application setting for Firefox. If I'm using it as the default skin the bug doesn't occur.

btw, I'm using WB 4.5

• 1 month later...

Brian,

Your Tiger theme is awesome! Do you plan on updating the animations to simulate the barber shop pole affect? (like during a download.. it's hard to describe this, I hope you get my meaning.)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your work.

Do you have a website or other place to look at all of your stuff?