ObjectDock 0.51 Bug Reports

8ender

Hi,

This a probably a bug but could be called a feature request also.

It would be great to bew able to specify the working/directory for commands and shortcuts.

As it stands now, the working/target directory defaults to whatever was last used or to the Objectdock directory itself.

Peace!

Originally posted by ja450n@Nov 21 2002, 10:46 AM

@nexus

poof on tasks ?

why would you want to remove the icon for a window. but not close it.

or are you that lazy. that you can't move you mouse up to the close button... ??

the "delete item" button was most likely removed because it would only kill the icon. and not the app.. this would cause problems.

may or maynot be related, but since that button was removed.

the bug that killed apps, but left the icons in the dock, seems to have gone away..

OK man.. first off, maybe you didn't read my post right, or maybe your just ignorant but what i said was

... "When ANY app, browser/ Italk... any thing with an icon in the "taskbar" closes unexpectedly/Crashes to pieces the icon remained"....

this happens even if you end the task of a program which has it's icon in the dock

which means the program is GONE.. no longer working therefore i can't click the little close buttons.. "because they don't exist". The icon is still there and i want to be able to some how remove it.. duckie mentioned the "poof effect".. cuz i believe he thaught that would work in the first place.. it has nothing to do with lazyness... it was just for a quick fiX

and besides if you'd have noticed *ALL i want to do is kill the icon* i liked the fact that i could kill an icon.. th dock isn't the only way to get around, i'm not too lazy to use "alt-tab".... an example is for PwrDVD.. it places two icons in the bar i didn't want that so i'd just right click the extra

icon for the controls and leave the icon for the screen intact.. it didn't effect the player at all and i could still hide and show the control pad..

btw: i have the newest version of OBdock and the bug that keeps icons on the dock after a program crashes IS here..

[edit]one other thing..tell me that you've never right clicked a task in the "windows taskbar" and clicked close.. especially when the task is minimized [/edit]

anyway.. jeff: love the dock and can live with some of the bugs :D

for now... duh dah dunnnnn.. :P

Bug list

======

1. Snapshot of minizied programm is only taken when you minimized the app by single-click on the app icon of the ObjectDock Task List. If any other way of minimizing the app is use (such as the minimize button on my app's window title bar), a snapshot won't be taken, and ObjectDock can't detect it's been minimized.

2. ObjectDock doesn't show "cmd.exe" (XP) on the task list, if cmd.exe is start anytime after ObjectDock is started. However, you cmd.exe is already running when you start ObjectDock, then ObjectDock can find it and adds an Icon to the task list.

3. Related to (2). If cmd.exe is running, then you start ObjectDock, the icon of cmd.exe will exist on TaskList, But you if then close cmd.exe, the icon will still stay on the tasklist even though it's not running anymore.

4. Adding new shortcut. New shortcut icons are added to the right hand side, until Object Dock is restarted (or manually moving the icon). This is a problem because if you have taskslist on the right hand side, then it's wierd having shortcuts and task icons mixed together. (I have Shortcuts on the left, task icons on the right, that's how I found out about the bug)

5. If you press "ESC", "Close Window" icon while the focus is on the Object Dock Properties window, ObjectDock will just quit totally, and not only just quit the current config window (dialog box).

That's all for now.

1. Snapshot of minizied programm is only taken when you minimized the app by single-click on the app icon of the ObjectDock Task List. If any other way of minimizing the app is use (such as the minimize button on my app's window title bar), a snapshot won't be taken, and ObjectDock can't detect it's been minimized.

Well mine does.... it doen't matter where i cklick to minimize an app... the pic is taken by OD

ߣ@¢kvî©_><, lucky you....I wish mine would...

My system (to help developers to find out why)...

Windows XP Pro with SP1, Dual PIII 1Ghz, 512MB SD-RAM. 240 GB RAID 1 (4 drives)

Other info is that I'm also using Style XP (if that could be a problem).

I've noticed that the snapshot isn't always taken, sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't.

Also, the snapshot icon sometimes wouldn't change back to normal icon when the app is restore to previous size.

So, the code is partially working, but not consistance...

Every once in awhile when I'm using Trillian, the dock will take a black screenshot...don't know why. When I maximise it and then minimize it again it works fine

Also I think it would be cool to implement some sort of save settings feature...because for some reason last night my dock crashed and I loaded it and I lost everything I did...but when I quit the dock, it is fine

Thanks very much for doing this :)

bug report:

OD is perfect.

and just a tiny little unnoticeable hardly watched bug was forgotten while being busy on a too advanced programming is:

:D

sometimes when i drag a window on the dock, i see only some icons ON TOP and som others. its kinda funny. :D

GOKU

Originally posted by DGM1960@Nov 21 2002, 09:36 AM

I've noticed in the new release that I can't move any of the icons to new positions once they are placed in the dock. They bounce back to where they were originally.

Ken

I have this behaviour with 0.51, but I find a solution, not work with taskbar icons. If you want to drag an icon on the dock, or from the dock, firstly MUST open a folder, to activate a taskbar section. Drag the icon on the taskbar firstly, don't release the button, then continue drag in your requested location. It works. The same if you want to remove an icon (as I said, not taskbar icons).