ObjectDock 0.51 Bug Reports

8ender

Please post any bugs you've found in ObjectDock 0.51, most of the bug reports I've found so far are scattered all over various topics. I suggest if you want something done about a particular bug, you post it here. We should probably make a topic like this for every release to make Jeff's job easier.

Also, Please no feature requests, lack of features is NOT a bug.

my bug (or not perfectly working feature) list:

1. magnification on jumpy but very fast is almost perfect but not quite. add smooth transitions when initially magnifying icons (upon rollover) and when lowering them again. also smooth transitions for moving around icons... but the scrubbing magnification is *perfect*. FAST and sharp. it stops moving the instant you stop moving the mouse (doesn't compensate).

2. in magnifications other than the jump but very fast one, scrubbing across the dock quickly leaves several icons recovering from the magnification at once... they don't react quick enough. maybe that was the point? :P

3. dragging something to the recycle bin unhides the task bar

I just notice that when I set the taskbar position to be "right", and if there isn't anything on the taskbar (..in order word, there isn't anything on the right side of the "main dock"), I can't drap anything into the dock....does anyone has this problem too?

Kelvin

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just one of those undocumented shortcuts but when I control click on anything on the dock the dock closes. Personally, if that's what's supposed to happen I'd rather it didn't because I use Pop-up stopper from panicware.com and I have to ctrl click on internet explorer to open it b/c it blocks all pop ups.

Ya i'm havin the same problem *oldschoolstyl33* is.. when ANY app, browser/ Italk... any thing with an icon in the "taskbar"(where icons don't go poof).......when ever it closes unexpectedly/Crashes to pieces the icon remained..

...I noticed this with the first release but then i had the delete item button available to remove it.. now the remove button seems to have been removed :(

so jeff....the best way to fix this (for now) would be to add the "poof effect" to taskbar icons or put the "delete" button back in the properties window.

thanks

[edit]

btw: thanks duckie for the idea of dragin the taskbar icons.. it's fun to see um zoom back to the bar.. lol.. it was a great waste of a few seconds :D

oh smile already all of ya:P

I gave the new version a try and here is what I think:

The speed is pretty cool.. probably the best part of the app.

Some programs icons such as the manor (madwolfsw.com) don't dissapear when I close the program.. and I can't seem to get the config icon customized cause I have to have the window open for it to be in there which doesn't let you right click on the icon.

The seperator when you mouseover it pushes the icons next to it over and I dont think it should do that.

The snapshot thing doesn't snapshot sometimes when you minimize especially if there are 2 windows of the same program.

Other thoughts (hear me out here, please, I'm only mentioning these because they are functions that I like.. not cause of other things you might think):

The tasks showing thing is kinda neat.. though for me it creates duplicate icons on the right where I have the task area located, I'd like for the tasks to be mixable with the shortcuts and if the shortcut is present it just puts an arrow under it, if not it puts in the icon still with an arrow so you can see that it is a task icon.

I like the min effect but I'd still like to see it on it's own. Minimize a window and it shows up as a new thumbnail with setting for either left or right of the seperator. I'd also like to be able to put my trash on the right too.

@Smoke

the config icon you have to replace..

"Settings.ico" in the base ObjDock folder...

you can also delete the ICO, and use a PNG or TGA, however, i wouldn't recommend using a TGA, as it's kinda picky. and may kill the dock, if you use the wrong format..

@flyakite

CtrlClick has closed the dock since the very first version

i don't know why jeff did this.

@nexus

poof on tasks ?

why would you want to remove the icon for a window. but not close it.

or are you that lazy. that you can't move you mouse up to the close button... ??

the "delete item" button was most likely removed because it would only kill the icon. and not the app.. this would cause problems.

may or maynot be related, but since that button was removed.

the bug that killed apps, but left the icons in the dock, seems to have gone away..

Bug Report::

I still have to have windows taskbar visible. because i need access to tray icons and start button. hope these two will be available on next version.

Recycle bin still not working right. on my multi HD config it always show 'empty' icon eventhough windows show it full

system log off / restart OD doesn't save current config.

Originally posted by ekaulia@Nov 21 2002, 04:52 AM

Bug Report::

I still have to have windows taskbar visible. because i need access to tray icons and start button. hope these two will be available on next version.

Recycle bin still not working right. on my multi HD config it always show 'empty' icon eventhough windows show it full

system log off / restart OD doesn't save current config.

If you go into the dock settings, there is a check-box to show/hide the windows taskbar. I feel the same way...my windows taskbar is still showing ^_^

If you quit ObjectDock from that same configuration screen (its the lower right button), and then restart OD, then it should save the settings...it has for me. ^_^

When you try to remove an unremovalbe item from the dock, it returns, but it is unaligned and looks strange.

and...

I want the trash to be to the utmost right (to the right of the seperator)!!!

and one more thing, the mag effect is cool, but just a lil bit inaccurate. The neighboring icons should zoom just a bit more..