What happened?

Sethyr

Yada Yada Yada we have one of these posts every week, and the only thing I can see that brings this site down are posts like this. Its not going anywhere, and no the site is not full of leechers, if someone releases something don't expect every member to thank you for it.

Customizing it self right now is basically dead (just right now), no one can make anything unique without someone calling it a rip or what not, everyone is out of fresh ideas. Everything has been done.... yada yada yada

Yada Yada Yada we have one of these posts every week, and the only thing I can see that brings this site down are posts like this. Its not going anywhere, and no the site is not full of leechers, if someone releases something don't expect every member to thank you for it.

Customizing it self right now is basically dead (just right now), no one can make anything unique without someone calling it a rip or what not, everyone is out of fresh ideas. Everything has been done.... yada yada yada

i'm still hacking my pc, but nothing aqua. :slant:

i think the biggest reason nothing new has come out "exclusively" for aqua soft is becuase two of our most active developers, ave and alilm have left aqua soft.

Another reason is, what do we have left to do? in term of makeing our pc's more like osx.

theres not much NEW, i think what has been done just needs to be fine tuned and cleaned up. like the finder apps for example.

but in terms of new programs, we just got konfab like 3 days ago? u cant get much better than that. go talk about that if your board :P

Actually now if you think about it, you guys were spoiled with stuff for a few months, now that nothing is coming out you guys just want and want and feel bored :P. I say take a break from aquasoft you do realize there is stuff outside that thing of glass in your room.

I actively joined Aqua-Soft when AquaXP died, so I might not remember the "olden days" where people could look forward to a new Moby dock once a week. The way I see it, once the school year kicks up, development slows down since many of us are in the high school/college level. We had a huge burst of ideas around Halloween, we should have a slight surge around Thanksgiving, and we will have a lot of development for Christmas. Currently, there is no need for a new major icon set. We've just recently updated our VS collection with Somatic and Fear Platinum. In about a month, people will probably cook up a lot of new stuff. Just because we are at a low point this second is no reason to complain.

The same can be said about Aero. For about a month, there was a huge amount of Inspiriat styles. Wallpapers, icons, MSstyles: it was all being developed and released in such large quantities, we created Aero-Soft. Now, there is nothing left to release; we are literally out of ideas. Aero-Soft has very few new posts that are worthwhile, such as a good quality release.

I forgot what I was talking about so I'll stop now.

i think timan is right. there was a few months back a HUGE wave of software going on here. first we had TONS of docks, then TONS of finders then we got all those random pieces of soft that kept making our lives easier.

now we're in this valley :P i think all that's left to us right now is wait a bit :) who knows some new piece of software comes up. plus, there haven't been many special ideas going on in the forums. either they were all out of reality or could be simply done with some widgets from a desktop utility. i think our programmers need nice ideas :P

LMAO

i hope someone brings out some ideas. my latest project (lighthouse - a spotlight clone) has been quite stalled lately cause i've been using MySQL to store my file index database and i wanted to make it more standalone, but i dont want to build an entire database engine... so basically i'm stalled debugging it and making it take up less cpu when monitoring the disks (i'm well below 5% :)).

i do hope this community goes on with its great pieces of software, though :)