[release] FlyakiteSP1 v7.0

And while most people may not like it, until the even attempt to modify the dialogs on their machine, by hand, do not complain. You will soon realize how much of a pain in the ass it is resizing dialogs so that their sizes match, resizing controls, text, aligning everything, making sure nothing overlaps, making sure hidden controls stay hidden, etc. It's the WORST part of file modifying.

There was no complaint in my post, just a request for help. Thanks for the explanation.

Okay, to let you know, Judge's boot screen is 640x480, I guarantee it. The boot screens in my installer are based off of his image, both the HT and non-HT versions. However, there are two ways the system renders boot screens. One, the system will keep the default resolution on the system, and display the boot screen at the normal 640x480, just putting a black border around the screen. The other way, the system will stretch the boot screen to fill the computers display, however with this boot screen it still looks good because it's so simple.

I can't remember the trick to get it to display certain ways though. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Anyway I'd just give 7.0 a try and install the boot screen and let me know how it goes. It WILL work on a HT processor. I've included 2 boot screens and the installer automatically detects and installs the right version.

I understand.

I found out where I made a mistake, my old laptop on which Judge's bootscreen worked had a 1024x768 XGA screen. Therefore the 640x480 bootscreen looked ok on it.

My new laptop (HT) on which Judge's bootscreen didn't work had a 1600x1200 UXGA screen. Therefore flyakites bootscreen (same as Judge's) began to look pixellated.

I'm very sorry for causing a mixup. I still think that these system files are the best ever!

Would it be possible that someone gives me some quick & dirty instructions as how to remove the progress bar on the flyakite bootscreen? One thing I did like about judges' was the minimalist approach (no progress bar)...

What would be easier, removing the progressbar on flyakite's or making judge's work on HT systems?

If someone would be kind enough to tell me how, I will try to do it and upload the file somewhere (or give it to flyakite) so that others may enjoy it too.

The easiest would be to remove the progress bar from my boot screen. Open up ntoskrnl.exe in ResHacker and delete the bitmaps 4,8, and 9. Save, and then replace.

The reason why the progess bar is included in mine it so you know whether Windows is actually loading or not.

The easiest would be to remove the progress bar from my boot screen. Open up ntoskrnl.exe in ResHacker and delete the bitmaps 4,8, and 9. Save, and then replace.

The reason why the progess bar is included in mine it so you know whether Windows is actually loading or not.

I did it! Finally, thank you very much!

Ofcourse in terms of functionality the wisest thing to do would be to have the bar. But I just love how it looks without it.

Although the process is very simple, a promise is a promise, if there's demand I could upload it or give it to you Flyakite. (but it is really a 2 second job to delete those 3 .bmp's. )

Thanks again,.. I finally have my apple bootscreen!

hey. i finally found one bug but i do not know if it's with your program or something wrong with my computer. it said

c:windowssystem32autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose close to terminate the application.

i do not know how to fix it and the cause of it. can you give me some insight?

edit: after a momement of researching, i found out that the file is missing, and i replaced it with the one in the repair folder in windows.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would point this out ...

There is a bug in this version of the system file mod. cards.dll create two 8 of diamonds. This can get pretty confusing when playing the game !!!!!!!!! ;)

The download for the mod version separately corrects this problem

By the way nice job flyakite. Your system mod really kicks ass !!!!!!!!!

lol whoops. I had modded the files myselves using the resources to make sure file versions were correct, and with Solitaire to fix a bug that tehloxely had missed, but I guess I was a little careless when replacing the cards.

Thanks for letting me know, it will be fixed in the next version due out sometime next month ;)