Help with manually removing explorer borders please?

Hello all,

i've done a few searches but i haven't found anything that answers this specifically;

how could i remove the borders from explorer windows?

the border i'm refering to are the borders that give the default window a slightly 3d look. [im talking about microsofts classic skin].

i dont have a picture, i could show you, but i'll try to do into greater detail.

http://www.sputnikk.org/bzeitler/screenshots/tiger.png

bzeitler's done it here PERFECTLY.

the Desktop window visible here doesn't have any borders on the bottom and on both sides of the window. whereas if you disabled your theme and had a look at the default windows classic theme, those borders would appear.

those are the borders i'm trying to get rid off. and i wanted to know if it was possible to do it independantly instead of applying a theme?

i have the full version of windowblinds installed, if that helps.

* i realize this isn't particularly aqua related, but;

the best skinners i know are part of this community,

and i've only ever seen it done by these skinners.

thank you!

go in folder option( control panel>folder option>general)

and check "use classic window folder"

et voila ;-)

lol no no no, i mean like the actual borders around any window and program.

the borders are especially visible at the bottom, and left and right sides of a window.

i appreciate your attempt at helping! :)

I was searching for a way to remove them when using "windows Classic Settings" Myself. I am not sure that there actually is a way.

THe only way I have found to make your windows borderless is by hacking shell32.dll and removing the common tasks pane from common tasks view. Thats how I got borderless windows.

bz

I was searching for a way to remove them when using "windows Classic Settings" Myself. I am not sure that there actually is a way.

THe only way I have found to make your windows borderless is by hacking shell32.dll and removing the common tasks pane from common tasks view. Thats how I got borderless windows.

bz

thanks for the tip blitz! :)

i've downloaded reshacker and i'm going through the tutorial i found by typing in "hacking shell32.dll" in the search.